Search results

1. westminster

Please Review Our Plan for Kitchen/Half-Bath Rough-In

Cool, thanks. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but could you walk me through how to tie-in the kitchen and lav vents with those fittings? I'm having trouble visualizing it...
  2. westminster

Sorry, duh: wherever I said TY, I meant to say combo...
  3. westminster

Hi. We are renovating our kitchen and adding an adjacent half-bath. This is our very first plumbing project, and we wanted to run our DWV rough-in by you experts to get your input. Here is a drawing of our current plan: http://freepdfhosting.com/08990ebc90.pdf The picture shows the back...
  4. westminster

boring holes in studs without right angle drill

Sorry if I was unclear -- we will actually be building the wall (using old lumber from another wall we tore down), so I guess we could predrill the holes and wouldn't actually need the right angle -- but it sounds like in any case we would need the power of a 1/2" drill to bore that big of a...
  5. westminster

I also like your suggestion about the chuck adapter. I have not seen those before. If I hook it up to my 3/8 Panasonic cordless, will that give me enough power to drill a 2 3/4" hole through a stud?
  6. westminster

thanks for the quick replies Frenchie, that's an interesting idea about boxing out the cut studs (although it would create a lot of extra framing, some of which would also then need to be drilled to run electrical and water supply). Also, I was surprised by your comment, since code does...
  7. westminster

Hi. We are doing a DIY kitchen/half bath renovation. We have been planning the DWV routes to try and avoid drilling through studs as much as possible, but it looks like we will need to bore holes in at least about 3 studs - one will be to accommodate 2" PVC and the others will be to...
  8. westminster

demoing a bathroom

thanks for the advice Thanks for the advice! I will definitely purchase some of those rubber caps for the drain and vent lines, and will hopefully pay for them with the money from reselling my brass! I do worry that I may have trouble unscrewing some of the pipes due to rust or otherwise...
  9. westminster

demoing a bathroom

Hi. We are ripping out a full bathroom on the first floor of our home, which will become part of our kitchen and will eventually contain a new sink and d/w. We are also planning to put a new half-bath in an adjacent closet. We will hire a plumber to rough out the new plumbing. However, my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks