Search results

1. B

Thanks to all!

Our half bath remodel is complete and our Toto Drake ADA toilet has been installed (including new travertine tile and mosaic instead of baseboards...this was to replace hardwood that had buckled from a leaking toilet). The Toto Drake is wonderful (so much we bought a second one for our master...
  2. B

Jumbo or regular wax ring? Spacer or no spacer?

We recently purchased two new Drakes (very excited) for our half bath and master bath. With both, the flange is level to the sub floor, so it sits below the cement board, tile, etc. I purchased two jumbo wax rings at the time but wonder if that is sufficient, or should I get two spacers (one...
  3. B

Toilet or wall leak..don't know where from

I moved this to the plumbing thread.... I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum and reposted in the plumbing thread. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/toilet-or-wall-leak-dont-know-where-from.31010/
  4. B

We thought we were having a toilet leak as we had already replaced the wax ring and floor was still buckling. Bought a new toilet in January, took in out in July to replace the wax ring, some water residue. Now we took it out again because noticed some futher buckling and returned the Jacuzzi...
  5. B

We thought we were having a toilet leak as we had already replaced the wax ring and floor was still buckling. Bought a new toilet in January, took in out in July to replace the wax ring, some water residue. Now we took it out again because noticed some futher buckling and returned the Jacuzzi...
  6. B

Drake vs Dalton (ADA vs power vs lower seat)

It's odd that the Dalton has the ADA compliant height but others are more money for that. Is it powerful enough like the Drake or the Drake really exceeds that? I'm thinking maybe getting the Drake later for our master bathroom, as that is used the most, and the Dalton for our half bath, used...
  7. B

Drake vs Dalton (ADA vs power vs lower seat)

So the Dalton seems the cheapest but it doesn't have the power as the Drake does, correct? No swirling water to clean the tank with the Dalton. I like the ADA height of the Dalton, but can't get that with the Drake unless I spend over $300. This toilet will be for the half bath on the first...
  8. B

Frustrated with toilet (water in bowl goes down)

It's definitely making that shhsssss sound much longer than a minute, closer to five minutes or so. We've decided to go with the Toto Drake but trying to figure if we want a round or elongated bowl. Any difference?
  9. B

Toto recommendation

Thanks Thank you for your response to both of my posts. I called lots of places, as I really didn't want to order it online and take a chance of it arriving damaged, and found my local plumbing speciality store near me carries this toilet, even though they weren't listed on Toto's web site...
  10. B

Toto recommendation

So after reading many, many of these threads (and after posting my previous thread about a leak in my existing new Jacuzzi toilet), I'm probably just going to return the Jacuzzi one from Lowes and buy a Toto. But can someone recommend one? It looks like Drake (or Dalton) is a more...
  11. B

Frustrated with toilet (water in bowl goes down)

We purchased a new Jacuzzi Pefecta ($135) toilet from Lowes back in January for our half bath. Several months ago I noticed the hardwood around the front of the toilet buckling a bit. Last month we took out the toilet and replaced the wax ring with a larger one as the original as it didn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks