Search results

1. Mudball

What is standard size PEX ?

hj I have sent you a pm.
  2. Mudball

I think I understand. I want to make sure the plumber runs 3/4" hot/cold supply lines to the bathrooms but branches off from that 3/4 and go down to 1/2" for each individual fixture. Each bathroom will have toilet, sink, and shower so I guess 1/2" wont be enough to be a supply line for those...
  3. Mudball

For running supply lines to bathrooms and kitchen ? We dont have anything extra out of the ordinary. Bathroom is tub/shower, toilet, and sink. The kitchen will have sink and possible future dishwasher. So then would the 1/2" PEX supply lines be alright or would we need to consider larger ?
  4. Mudball

Floor drain or NO floor drain

This is one of the reasons for the floor drain also...well kinda. There is now a 2" drain pipe for the water heater pan to connect to and that 2" is connected to the downside of the floor drain and I really do want to leave that in place and believe I will now. This water pan drain and floor...
  5. Mudball

Thanks for all the help. I wasnt expecting these answers. I believe I will keep the drain in place. I guess it wont hurt as it was already there but just had the way it was piped up changed and it is not connected to the sewer drains but is independently running out to daylight and now all it...
  6. Mudball

We are going to be having a concrete slab poured. We currently are having some plumbing work done and the plumber asked me if I really needed a floor drain in the utility room. There will be the hot water heater in the utility room. It got me to thinking about what hj said in response to another...
  7. Mudball

Style Change, what do you think?

I think it looks great. I hope you keep it.
  8. Mudball

Whole house filter and.........?

Called today and the guy I spoke with told me that they do not have a web site but he said they do have records that they keep on file and he said that the hard water average from 80 to 120. He said they never suggest to anyone to not install a water softener but they also have never had trouble...
  9. Mudball

I read the link Jimbo and thats scary. Thanks for the information. Im thinking we dont need a thing at this point. The guy I needed to talk to at our water utility district was not there today but I will call him tomorrow. The guy that I did talk with said that he knows that they have never...
  10. Mudball

Utility room floor drain slope

Thanks...I think Whatever ? Sorry if my question is insignificant. I hope your right that I probably will NOT flood the room but at the same time I sure would like to put one in seeing how its new construction and it seems appropriate and much cheaper to do it now.
  11. Mudball

Utility room floor drain slope

We will be having a utility room with a floor drain in a concrete pad. This room is 8' x 13'. How far below grade would you set the top of the floor drain to so there will be a gradual slope from the edge of the walls to the drain ? Im thinking between 3/4" to 1" and that would be around 1/8"...
  12. Mudball

Thanks for the information Gary Slusser I will call tomorrow and find out.
  13. Mudball

Cold weather glue

Thanks shacko I will have to see if I can find out what he uses. The temperatures have been great the last couple of days.
  14. Mudball

Thanks and yes I did mean cartridge filters and why are they a bad choice and what other options do we have ? If I get our water tested I guess it would help decide what we need but I thought cartridge filters would be a good idea to keep a lot of larger sediment and other trash out of the hot...
  15. Mudball

We are a good time away from this stage but I like to plan ahead. We are planning on a whole house filter and installing it directly above the utility sink. We dont believe we want a water softener at this time. The question is there a certain whole house filter system that we need to look for...
  16. Mudball

Cold weather glue

Thanks for the help. Im having a plumber change a few fittings on some drain pipes and I didnt know how concerned I should be with the below freezing temperatures as night but I guess as long as it has time to set through the day then they should be fine.
  17. Mudball

Cold weather glue

What is too cold to be using the priming and glue on pvc ?
  18. Mudball

Floor drain

I will talk to the plumber as I believe this is an option he mentioned as well. The master bathroom sink and utility sink will be no more than 3 feet away. Thanks
  19. Mudball

Floor drain

We are having rough in drains for under slab. There is going to be a floor drain and it is not hooked to anything but rather just running out to daylight. It currently has a running p-trap that is going to be removed because we think it will cause trouble later. We still want to be able to keep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks