Search results

1. sparkync

Commode won't drain

Just have a crawl space. I have old "cast iron" drain line going from one toilet to the other, then down in the ground. And yes the vent is going to the sink first, and if I remember correctly, when this happens, water running in the sink makes it "burp" also. ???
  2. sparkync

Commode won't drain

Sorry to be so "ignorant", but what is a "15ft. long belly"? Remember, I'm only an electrician:) Sounds just like my toilet is doing though. Thanks
  3. sparkync

Commode won't drain

I have a problem that only occurs periodically with one of the commodes in my house. I have a half bath with only a toilet and sink at the front of my house. I have another full bath approximately 35 ft. toward the back of the house. The bath at the back of the house is where it goes...
  4. sparkync

Septic line clogged

I have one commode in my house where the lines are slow to drain. I have a company coming out to pump out my septic tank, but I think I may have another problem. The commode that is slow is "up line" from where it goes in the ground. I have a commode almost directly above where it goes in the...
  5. sparkync

Primer

I know this is a dumb question, but are you suppose to wait til the primer dries before applying the pvc glue? Thanks...
  6. sparkync

Replacing 1 1/2 galvanized wash machine drain pipe

I got my hole through the cement slab. I used a rotary hammer and drilled about 8 holes to form a rectangle, then chiesled it out. I went under the house and had to knock 1 cement block out and some brick and gained access to the area under the slab after a little working back and forth I got...
  7. sparkync

Another question: Does it matter if the top of the new 2" drain is above the washer or not? Another plumber I had in the past raised my old 1 1/2" drain up above the washer trying to get it to drain better. I wouldn't think it would have to be on a new 2" drain since all the new installations...
  8. sparkync

Thank you so much for the picture and description. The old saying " a picture is worth more than a thousand words" is so true, especially in an electrician's eyes with not much experience in plumbing. I hope you don't hold that against me:) I may start to tackle this project this week. I don't...
  9. sparkync

My wash machine is located on a cement slab in my house. It actually used to be a garage before I bought the house and a previous owner closed it in and made a den and a laundry room out of it. My problem now is that the washer drain is not big enough to take care of the water from our new...
  10. sparkync

Wash Machine Drain problem

Thanks for the replies. We did have to buy a new washer about 6 months ago. I sort of suspected this might be adding to the problem. We had the problem before the new washer, but it had been quiet a while since we had been having problem with it. Actually I thought we had fixed it a while...
  11. sparkync

Wash Machine Drain problem

I've been having problems over the years of water going down the drain for my wash machine. My house was built in the late 50's or early 60's and has 1 1/2" galvanized pipe for the drain. I have had it "augered" out one other time a few years ago and checked for water flow, but I'm suspecting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks