Search results

1. Firemark

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

I've experienced the same thing on one of two Aquia III's on rare occasions in the past year. My best guess is it's caused by my washer discharge that is within 5 ft. There's so little water in the bowl normally just a bit of suction will pull some out. Both the toilet and washer share the...
  2. Firemark

Dirty bowl. Very dirty.

Don't go painting without written permission from your landlord. If a tenant of mine did that, I'd charge a fee for replacing the toilet due to an unauthorized repair.
  3. Firemark

Soap Bubbles in Dalton when Washer is emptying

I recently installed new Dalton ADA Height toilets in a rental unit. The one on the 1st floor is next to the laundry room. The tenant claims soap bubbles appear in the bowl after running the washer. There's no water on the floor and seems to be fully sealed. Flushing does not appear to be...
  4. Firemark

I installed two Aquia III's over a year ago after ditching old Mansfield 3.5GPFs that clogged up at least once per week. Your reference to "Large" was my concern at the time as well. However, I was concerned about volume not bunker buster size. I also looked at the Caroma but a nasty video...
  5. Firemark

Are there any decent Solid Brass Kitchen faucets left?

Thanks for the feedback. I'd rather pay once for "the good stuff" than have to deal with repeated issues and replacements. The only reason this 15 yr old faucet failed was some abuse by a tenant. It's too bad the big box stores have chosen the price point option only and not offering the...
  6. Firemark

Are there any decent Solid Brass Kitchen faucets left?

I just had to replace a kitchen faucet at a rental property. It was an 15yr old Delta faucet that started to leak. My trip to the big box stores offered nothing but plastic faucets. It was late in the day Saturday so plumbing supply stores were not an option. My guess is the one I bought...
  7. Firemark

Toilet Footprint Info?

I just installed two ADA Elongated Dalton toilets in a rental unit where the job was a bit bigger than expected. The flooring in both bathrooms was standard vinyl tile and whoever tiled the bathrooms before did not pull the toilet first and just cut the tiles around the existing fixtures...
  8. Firemark

Toto Aquia and waterspot

I installed 2 of these in my home last year. The small water spot hasn't been much of an issue but to be honest, it depends on the ordinance being dropped. If we're talking about cluster bombs, have your brush handy. On average once or twice a month requires some brushing. I have noticed...
  9. Firemark

Help on deciding on a Toto

All newer toilets have this to allow for air flow when you flush the toilet. The tank has to drain very quickly and must be able to breath.
  10. Firemark

Question about dual flush toilet installation

You don't need to be a plumber to drill holes for the Toto Aquia install. Just make sure you get the correct size bits in new condition. I used standard masonry bits with an electric drill and got a bit of a workout drilling the holes in very hard ceramic tile. You'll find other posts here...
  11. Firemark

Questions on ceramic floors and Aquia installation

That explains the workout I got drilling through the ceramic tiles, even after buying new carbide tip bits, they lasted only a couple of holes. I've also seen posts here that recommend using a hammer-drill vs a standard electric drill. If you don't want to fork over $100 or more for a drill...
  12. Firemark

Questions on ceramic floors and Aquia installation

What's under the Ceramic Tile Floor? Is it on a concrete slab? If so, yes, you need the anchors and larger hole for the bolts to bite into and hold. If over the usual concrete backer and wood subfloor, maybe not. I drilled larger holes just through the tile then switched to the smaller size...
  13. Firemark

Vigoro vs Scotts

If it is ONLY weed control and contains no fertilizer, yes. Otherwise, choose a Weed Control product only. Fertilizer and weed control
  14. Firemark

Vigoro vs Scotts

I thought I saw the Vigoro in Spring with the crabgrass preventer available. As for weed control, use the Weedbgone with a hose end sprayer. You only have to do this once in May before it gets too hot. If you have a large lawn get the concentrate bottle and a separate hose end spray bottle...
  15. Firemark

Vortens Rhodas 3123-3464 1.6 GPF ADA toilet

I've had a couple of the Aquia III's that you are considering for several months. The amount of pressure needed for the push button is very light, probably less or equal to what you need to push down a lever. Yep, having buttons on top mean you can't have other stuff there. On the plus side...
  16. Firemark

Still wigged out and have another question about the Toto Aquia II

Does the water supply line come out of the wall? if so, how high off the finished floor. The drawings in the Total installation guide show there should be enough clearance if it's no more than 6 inches off the floor. If up from the floor, 6 inches from the center of the flange shouldn't be...
  17. Firemark

Mansfeld awful

I never realized that, makes sense. I guess I owe former tenants an apology. I had to drain a water heater and did not have a long hose so I used a bucket, dumping the hot water in the toilet of a half-bath. A week or so later the toilet started leaking all over the place and I just assumed...
  18. Firemark

Corner toilets?

I'm not so sure about putting a Toto Dual Flush on a 12" rough-in at a corner. The entire back of the bowl is open and bound to become a collection point for unwanted stuff since tank isn't designed for a corner setup either. The Regent looks nice in the online photos, whether it performs...
  19. Firemark

Check Flush Valve setting Misantartica I have 2 of the Aquia III's and have no flush issues at all. You may have a setting issue with the flush tower. I still have the original install instructions scanned and cut/pasted a portion showing how to check/adjust the Flush Valve tower for the...
  20. Firemark

How good are Toto toilets? Are they really all that?

Not so sure about this forum Terry, I used your site to make a purchase decision and resolve some install questions. I admit to already having a prejudice against the American Std brand after having bad luck with them previously. I ended up buying a couple of Aquia III's which are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks