Search results

1. H

Variable Volume Pressure Tanks and Aeration

With regard to need for Iron Filter, this is driven by desire to have a sprinkler system, and with the 2.0PPM total iron, we will have the ugly orange staining on our hard surfaces. The water has no sulfer smell, so we are ahead on that count. The hardness is about 14.
  2. H

Variable Volume Pressure Tanks and Aeration

Now that I no longer have my "Well from Hell" issues (See the posting on that topic on this forum), I am on to another technical problem. I have about 2.0ppm soluble iron in the new well. On my old well, we had a 4 tank sand filter bed system with a large aeration bladder-less tank. That tank...
  3. H

Well from Hell

well from hell, final chapter Last week, the driller decided to throw in the towel and drill a new well. We went down 260, hit sandstone, went down another 80 ft. and now have a good well. We have some soluble iron in water, about 2.5ppm, typical Minnesota sandstone water, will need to get my...
  4. H

Well from Hell

Today's Drama Again, many thanks for those that have posted thoughts. The silt I believe is about 40 micron, according to a sheet that I saw, this is about like Portland cement powder. The well guys came today, put a 10 ft. Johnson screen, very fine down in the casing and air pumped for 3-4...
  5. H

Well from Hell

Regarding Cycling well Valveman, many thanks for your ideas. We have been running outside faucet on 20 on/20 off with sprinkler timer on hose. We have been running about 12 cycles a day for over 2 weeks, i.e. maybe 25,000 gallons at 12 GPM. There is no change. I am assuming that the silt...
  6. H

Well from Hell

Current Theory, Actually the only one After much poking around and talking with other water folks, the following seems to make the only sense, Any thoughts are appreciated. Since there is an aquifer at about 100 ft. and the one that we are tapped into is at about 200 ft., there is a leakage...
  7. H

Well from Hell

Our new well is driving us fits. In Minnesota, we are down about 250 ft. just above sandstone, PVC casing, Constant Pressure Pump system, flows max about 25 GPM. Water is absolutely great, except for very strange issue. When we start up flow, if greater than 5 GPM, will run clear for a few...
  8. H

Turbidity Problem

New well, silting problem, into 2nd week. Have been reading forum sites looking for ideas. We have silting problems when well first starts. Location is Minnesota Lake Minnetonka area. Typical cycle, 20 minutes on, 12 GPM, First 3 minutes clear, gets murky, and then clears up in last 10...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks