Search results

1. pocoloco

Did my contractor screw up? how to fix?

I was curious, what is the rationale behind this rule?
  2. pocoloco

Thanks for clarifying. Plumber installed the offset pipe and connection to vertical pipe. He was following the original pipe lines and I never had any issues with drainage before. Now you guys got me thinking even if the drain was lowered, it'd still be problematic since the vent line needs to...
  3. pocoloco

Its due to a window so a new pipe is not possible. The plumber was someone on my GCs crew. My real licensed plumber is gonna swing by for an assessment sometime this week.
  4. pocoloco

Another Q, where the drain pipe meets the pipe coming out of the wall, it's cemented together. Shouldn't it be a slip nut of some sort? Reason I ask is if I ever had to detach this, I would have to saw it apart as opposed to unscrew the nut and pull it out. What's the standard way to do this?
  5. pocoloco

Yes once the drain goes into the wall, it goes horizontal for 3 feet before tapping into the wall. Was this way originally before we got to the house.
  6. pocoloco

Yeah, not to scale. That horizontal pipe is 3 feet. Not possible. Can't cut in crawlspace and the horiztonal pipe is locked in between studs.
  7. pocoloco

I'm considering this option as well. Remove disposal (don't really use it anyways) plus shallow baskets. Does the dishwasher Y have to be above the drain line since the drain line is attached at the way top of cabinet?
  8. pocoloco

I've read this ten times and I still don't get it. would you be so nice as to elaborate? Thanks
  9. pocoloco

If we go the AAV route, would it work like this? Did I create an S trap or does the AAV no longer make it an S trap? The AAV is still below the drain and I thought I read that's not good.
  10. pocoloco

I already had my sink and disposal before he even started the job which he saw, so it's completely on him. To be clear, the contractor hasn't left yet (haven't paid him the other 50%) and I called him out on it. He wants to work it out and we are exploring options. I'm posting here because I...
  11. pocoloco

It's an exterior brick wall so that won't work.
  12. pocoloco

Ok, grasping for straws here. I realize none may be kosher or code but which is the lesser evil: 1. Keep existing drain as "vent" and take the new drain to sewer line in crawl space 2. Cap off the existing drain and take the new drain to sewer line in crawl space 3. Probably scoff at this one...
  13. pocoloco

So looking at my diagram again, if I just cap off the original drain (not use as vent) and just connect that drain to the stack (in blue), isn't it then still vented since I'm tapping into the stack, just at a lower position?
  14. pocoloco

Thanks for replying. I really am trying to avoid going into the walls because everything was just done. argh. What are the consequences of just leaving it as is? Did my proposed solution diagram not get the job done?
  15. pocoloco

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand. Currently, even if the drain pipe was at the correct height, the pipe would be horizontal to the stack and not be 6 inches above rim of the sink. Does that mean I have no stack currently? Edit... I think I understand this point.
  16. pocoloco

Really in need of some advice here. For our kitchen remodel the contractors installed all new plumbing including a new drain pipe to the waste stack. Today as they were hooking up the sink drains, disposal, etc... I noticed the drain was higher than it should be. I'm thinking this is an issue...
  17. pocoloco

Corroded threading help

Excellent, you guys rock! thanks for all the help.
  18. pocoloco

Corroded threading help

Thanks everyone for putting up with my novice questions. It's all very clear now. I will unscrew the old pipe from the fitting in the wall and screw on a new nipple with tape + dope (Rectorseal 5 pipe sealant is what I have). Just a few more stupid questions... 1. Do I put tape on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks