Search results

1. Lakee911

Need a professional plumbers opinion

I see. Your insurance company might go after him. :(
  2. Lakee911

Need a professional plumbers opinion

I'm sorry, but I'm not a professional plumber... It sounds like you're going to have the burden of proving that it did have the ferrule on it...but I think that you know what. When a product is installed outside of the manufacturer's guidelines/instructions, you'll likely not obtain performance...
  3. Lakee911

What size toilet flange and closet bend do I need?

Ok. Well, that's good to know. Three inch pipe it is. I can better get the required slope with a 3" pipe. I know that the internal 3" flange is a bad idea... I know, I know ... I'm not listening *fingers in ears* lalalalaalala I'm going to try to shorten up the ell so I can get it on a 14"...
  4. Lakee911

I exchanged a couple of emails with John V. from Bathroom Machineries (http://www.deabath.com) and asked about the 3" vs 4" issue. He responded as follows: I'm going to go to blue box store tonight and compare flanges...sounds like a 3" flange is smaller than a 4" flange. I always thought a...
  5. Lakee911

SS water lines

I think braided stainless steel washer hoses and other supply hoses used to be high quality. Now everyone and their dog sells one and I have to wonder, since China and the bean counters are involved, are any of them actually any good? A while ago, I decided that I am going to go back to...
  6. Lakee911

Drain pipe sizes 3" or 4"

Believe it or not, Terry, here in Columbus (at least the older parts) the line outside is 6 inches. Typically for even an older small one bath home to have a 4" and then it transitions to 6" just outside the footing. Overkill, no? :)
  7. Lakee911

Thanks for the replies! If I install it on a 14" rough, the tank is going to be sitting in the wall, not away from it, by 5/8". Seems more like it would be a 15" rough. If I can shorten up the flush ell (wall mount tank), I might try to get it into a 14". I understand that 14" is uncommon but...
  8. Lakee911

Hi All, I'm having trouble determing whether I need a 3" or a 4" closet bend and flange for this toilet. The low wall mount tank is marked KOHLER USA and both the tank and lid have Kohler part numbers marked K-6802. They were cast in early 1930. The bowl, which I assume was original along...
  9. Lakee911

Bathtub Drain/Overflow Connection to Cast Iron Drain Pipe

That's a possibility, but I'm not sure you'll have enough room to make up those slight and funny angles. Worth a shot--might need to get it apart, clean it really good and measure for a donut before you get started. It that doesn't work, cut it back further and forget the belled end.
  10. Lakee911

Proper way to drain/vent dual vanities?

Just maybe ... note the smiley! :P
  11. Lakee911

Can I plumb a toilet like this? What toilet?

Must need that extra room for the tank.
  12. Lakee911

It's not so much the weight, but whether you have deflection that will cause the floor to crack. Best place for tile related stuff is over at the http://www.johnbridge.com forums. They have a nice Deflectolator over there for calculating the deflection--check it out. You're iffy depending on the...
  13. Lakee911

I would expect the 3/4" incoming to be a deal killer. Essentially it uses the water supply system as the tank. Your sketch there will also need a vent too. What is the span of your joists (to see if it can handle the tile)?
  14. Lakee911

I see no issue with it. What are you planning for a floor?
  15. Lakee911

Ok. That makes more sense. Convention is to list the width first, and the height second (2.5x7.75), unlike your original post. If I were you, I'd really hate to bump the floor up the required 3.5" or so. So, maybe the floor mount rear discharge would work for you. Do you have some info on that...
  16. Lakee911

Proper way to drain/vent dual vanities?

Either will work, but I'm a fan of having the fewest possible roof penetrations (especially when one isn't reroofing soon or at the same time). Tying into cast stack in the roof might mean having to redo its roof pentration so it's perhaps half of one to 6 dozen of the other...or something like...
  17. Lakee911

Am I understanding you that they're laid flat 7-1/4" wide by 2-1/2" high? If that's the case, you cannot even get the pipe in the floor. You'll have to raise the floor. If I'm misunderstanding, then how many joists do you have to go through? If only one, maybe two, you could maybe header off...
  18. Lakee911

Bathtub Drain/Overflow Connection to Cast Iron Drain Pipe

Really??? I would suggest cutting back the cast iron well to the left of the picture and replacing with PVC. I'd think that a banded flexible coupling (on the cast to PVC) would allow for a little play (if necessary) and along with a much longer length of pipe, he could put that drain right...
  19. Lakee911

Drain pipe sizes 3" or 4"

If one were to use a 4" coming off the WC, might that allow for less slope and therefore give you more flexibility in placement of the closet bend?
  20. Lakee911

Street 45/45 closet flange vs. spigot closet bend

Same question for me! I may be coming up short on vertical clearance and I'm looking for the shallowest fitting possible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks