Search results

1. DigitalJim

Can forced air supply duct be run through panned returns?

Well, any cross over is going to take the same number of elbows, so I assume will dimish the flow to the far bedroom. They will also still be in my way. I've been staring the the basement ceiling for weeks trying to come up with a simple solution. Also, the return channel has to route through...
  2. DigitalJim

Can forced air supply duct be run through panned returns?

I am trying to clean up a low hanging heat duct running through my shop and increase the air flow to a distant cold bedroom. One duct in particular taps off the supply trunk line and runs several feet below the floor joists before connecting to the wall stack up to the second floor bedroom...
  3. DigitalJim

Framing Around Black Gas Pipe

I have a section of black gas pipe running under my floor joists in the basement that I would like to frame around and drywall over. I want to keep this as low profile as possible, as it runs in front of a window that I will be trimming around. Do I need to protect this section with a...
  4. DigitalJim

Drain for Bypass Humidifier

I am getting ready to replace my whole house humidifier and would like to go with a bypass unit. Problem is, I have no floor drain. Is it OK to run the drain into the A/C condensate pump? My concern is that the minerals in the supply water may cause a premature condensate pump failure...
  5. DigitalJim

Is Cellular PVC OK in 4" Stack

I am replacing a short section of 4" stack with a new tee followed by a new wye (for use as a cleanout). The tee will mate with the existing cast iron at the floor using a compression donut. Everything above this point is currently PVC. I bought a short piece of 4" PVC to connect up the...
  6. DigitalJim

Adding Washer Drain to Existing Stack

OK, I will not dry fit. At this point I feel comfortable enough with the approach to glue up the connections. The coupler I purchased is indeed a banded type.
  7. DigitalJim

Yea, that's why I want to cap off the existing drain. When I get everything dry fit, I'll snap a picture and pass it by everyone. Thanks for your help!
  8. DigitalJim

Yes, I plan to run about 15' with the 2" drain and add a vent, p-trap, and 30" standpipe. In addition, I want to move the laundry tub. Is it acceptable to share the 2" washer drain with the laundry tub drain, or must the washer drain be dedicated? My plan was to cap off the existing drain...
  9. DigitalJim

As part of my basement laundry room remodel, I want to add a 2†drain line to support a washer standpipe. The washer currently dumps into a laundry tub which drains into a 1½†cast iron tee at the base of the stack, partially buried in the floor. On top of the tee is a cast iron wye to...
  10. DigitalJim

No Room For P-Trap on Washer Standpipe

I'll have to check the clearance, but I believe I can do that. Thanks!
  11. DigitalJim

No Room For P-Trap on Washer Standpipe

I am moving my washer 12' and installing a new 2" drain. Due to the placement of the washer box, a standard off-the-shelf p-trap won't fit without cutting out a large portion of the stud (vertical of p-trap falls in line with stud). Is there any reason why a built up p-trap using 90 deg...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks