Search results

1. O

Replacing Vacuum Pressure Breaker -PVC Glue Drying Time

The glue we most commonly use does not use primer, but the directions say that you can pressure test after an hour and full strength is reached at 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity. Here are some instructions taken from this page: http://www.sprinkler.com/info/install_manual...
  2. O

Pump Start Relay (I think)

I haven't heard of a pump start relay that acts as a single station irrigation timer. You can get a single station timer though. I would just get a regular 4 station controller along with a pump star relay.
  3. O

Vacuum Pressure Breaker Part 2

I agree with BRD. You should't have to use much force to crank it down. So, if its is taking that much effort it leads me to believe that it doesn't fit correctly because the body is likely warped.
  4. O

Timer Placement

Indoor Timer vs. Outdoor Timer In all the timers we sell http://www.sprinkler.com/buy/controllers Outdoor: Transformer is built into the timer and needs to be wired with a pigtail. A door is provided to protect against the elements Indoor: Transformer is on the outside...
  5. O

Possible issue As I look at the picture you posted it looks like the bonnet might not be screwed in all the way. I can't tell for sure-- the picture might be playing tricks on me. Here is a picture that I took of a new one. Notice how far the bonnet is seated into the body.
  6. O

black flexible pipe and winter

Poly Freeze The reason poly is "more resilient" to freeze breakage is that it is not like concrete or granite. Poly is flexible and can expand rather than brake. However, one should never rely on it's flexibility; It's not break proof. The power that results from the expansion of water when...
  7. O

Valve makes loud clacking/buzzing noise, leaks

I have experienced this many times. Often it is the flow control on a valve is turned down too far and the valve can't open properly. This makes the diaphragm bounce up and down.
  8. O

Blowing out your system works, but is subject to unforeseen freezes. Automatic drains drain the pipe every time the line is depressurized. Not only do you completely mitigate your risk of freeze damage, but also you do it without having to think about it. In many parts of the country blowing...
  9. O

The bonnet on the Wilkins Pressure Vacuum Breakers is brass, the canopy is plastic piece on top. You can see a PDF of the parts breakdown that might be helpful here: http://www.sprinkler.com/files/720A%20Repair%20Parts.pdf By the way is it a 420 or a 720? If I were to guess what the problem...
  10. O

Automatic Sprinkler Drains I'm going to assume you have polyethylene (poly) pipe. Poly pipe is popular in areas that get very cold in the winter because it is "resistant" to freeze breakage. burying it 8 to 10 inches helps protect from freezing as well-- common bury depth is around 6 inches...
  11. O

sprinkler touble

most often the problem We take many calls per week regarding this subject. I would say 90% of the time the problem is lack of pressure. Depending on the type of sprinkler you have (more information would be helpful on brand...) they might spray water just fine, but not have sufficient...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks