Search results

1. Guvner

Water pressure issues that make no sense

I found the problem after a whole afternoon troubleshooting this and that, and it turned out to be a filter. I replaced the cartridge filter 2 months ago with a 5 micron charcoal filter and it seems that it was plugged up already. I ran it without the filter and the water was cloudy which is not...
  2. Guvner

Wouldn't the gauge and pressure switch be independant of each other? i mean the pressure switch works on its own with the water line from the pump and its factory set at 20-50pi which the pressure gauge accurately showed, the gauge is just the gauge. As for tearing apart for inspection where...
  3. Guvner

But prior to this there was never an issue with the size of the piping and water pressure. I'm thinking there must be something broken as cacher chick mentioned blocking it enough that the piping size is now making a difference. As for the main shut off my system is a cistern that feeds to...
  4. Guvner

It happens at all faucets and showers, toilets too. In our newer bathroom I flushed the toilet, then turned on the faucet, the faucet had little flow. I did clean out the aerators on 2 faucets, 1 had some particulate, the other was clean. I am going to replace one older shower head with a new...
  5. Guvner

My pressure switch on my pressure tank is set to 35-55psi and I have confirmed the pressure tank is set to 4psi below the pump start up so 31psi. The problem I am having that I have never had before is kind of 2 problems, first even when the pressure drops to 35-40psi there is very very low flow...
  6. Guvner

Low-yield well, is a trickle feed possible?

Well its dead in the water, 5hrs since I drained it and there is no recovery at all. Thanks for the help everyone. Cheers
  7. Guvner

Ok I was wrong on the single line thing, remember I'm not a pro I'm just a homeowner so cut me some slack and stop highlighting everything I said just to prove nothing. Back to the topic I was able to drain the well to 5' from the bottom, I'm going out for a beer or 2, when I come back I'll...
  8. Guvner

My post previously about the idea of having a large water vein at the bottom that can provide more GPM with quick recovery say at the bottom 10-15' of the well, but above that there is slower recovery is that thinking correct? is this possible? or am I talking nonsense?
  9. Guvner

Gary rather pick apart what I am posting perhaps offer up other ideas or solutions. If I'm wasting my money having this guy come do a flow test or whatever its called what else could I do, is there any way to make this well functional? or explain why you don't think he'll find water lower down...
  10. Guvner

There are 2 lines going down the well, one about 1" ID, the other smaller and there is one line going to the pressure tank. He didn't say that if the well is drained that it will produce more GPM, he wants to know if there is a vein near the bottom that is producing most of the water. Say...
  11. Guvner

What is meant by 'pressure behind'?
  12. Guvner

By this morning there was only 5' of recovery. I talked with a local guy this morning that does well pumps and filtration systems, etc and he's hoping that there is good recovery at the bottom of the well so I'll likely have him come out next week to test the well. Said he would bring along...
  13. Guvner

I started at about 35psi. I checked the water depth after 30mins and there is no recovery.
  14. Guvner

Well guys I'm in the middle of messin around with the well. I measured the depth and its still about 80' deep, the water starts 25' from the top. I ran the pump for 20mins pumping probably an average of 2.5gpm and it took 20mins until the pump was pushing almost 0psi, at this point the water...
  15. Guvner

Haha, funny guys. how would I pump out the crud? would a submersible take care of that?
  16. Guvner

Then how can you explain how it started pumping brown water and sounded like it was drawing air?
  17. Guvner

I know nothing about the pump except that it draws 12.5amps max and is noisy. Its got to be about 15years old.
  18. Guvner

I know the cistern is not the only reason why the house is not selling, but its a big factor. The fact that the basement is a rock floor is the major factor, but that I cannot change, the water issue has potential to be corrected. I just want to do what is feasible to get this house sold, the...
  19. Guvner

Drilling a well is not really an option since well water is hard to get around here. I talked with a well known well drilling guy yesterday and he said its unlikely he will be able to find much water, he knows my area very well in fact his Dad drilled our well back in 1960, he said most people...
  20. Guvner

I'm just looking to get some advice as to solving my lack of a well water problem. My wife and I have been trying to sell our house for almost a year with no luck and now my (new) agent seems to think the lack of a producing well is the problem as buyers get scared off when they see that we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks