Search results

1. dunkinidaho

Water level in brine tank vs float tube

I have the gallons per regen set at 600. That may be too low. At this point I would just like the brine used in a regen cycle be equal to the refill amount. I am sure I don't have the skills to do this correctly. I hate to leave the water softener to the new owner in a "not working" properly...
  2. dunkinidaho

10in. diameter 32in. circumference tank 44in tall. 0.5gpm BLCF private well BLCF of 0.5 x 5min refill= 2.5gal. We have sold the house and are moving in October. I am trying to get this fixed as I don't believe the new owner is handy and would likely incur a large bill from the local...
  3. dunkinidaho

settings are backwash 10min brine rinse 60 min rapid rinse 10min brine refill 5min. gallons used between regen 600 42,000 grain tank 2 people in the home. I don't know the iron count.. Problem is there is always more water in the brine tank after a regen than there was to...
  4. dunkinidaho

How would you achieve a balance between the amount of brine water used for a cycle and the amount added back in the last stage. My brine stage is 60mins and with a 5 min. refill the water level is higher than it was before the cycle. I will reduce the refill to 4 mins and see what happens. It...
  5. dunkinidaho

the water level in the float tube is 4 inches higher than the level in the brine tank. Is that OK? the float itself should be 6 inches above the water in the float tube. Is that correct? If the float is high will a brine draw happen or will the high float prevent a brine draw? thanks
  6. dunkinidaho

Water level--brine tank vs brine well, where the float is

The water level in the brine well, where the float is, is 3-4 inches above the level in the tank. Why is that? thanks
  7. dunkinidaho

Fleck 5600SE 4 stage water level issues

I guess my settings are pretty good. The 13 min refill has dumped about a gallon out the overflow so I'll cut that time back. How much actual brine water is used during a brine draw? I thought it would be a few gallons but I guess not. Brian
  8. dunkinidaho

Fleck 5600SE 4 stage water level issues

I had a new resin bed placed last summer. 4 cycle times set up are 12min rinse-- 60 min brine rinse---8 min rapid rinse---13min refill. 2 people 2bath 42000grain resin tank and brine tank is 16x16x36 Problem: I've noticed while observing the water level in the brine tank that it only drops...
  9. dunkinidaho

Reverse osmosis longevity question

I don't like taking up a lot of your time with this, but I guess that's what this forum is for. We asked the previous owners to have the system installed due to high arsenic levels 10 yrs ago. They were charged $700.00 for it. It looks exactly like the systems available on ebay for $150.00...
  10. dunkinidaho

Thanks, I will continue with my past regime. Concerning sanitizing the system how thorough should I be. I replace the elements and clean the housings every 6 months. Should the tubing be replaced? it's 10 years old next march. Briian
  11. dunkinidaho

I've heard that it isn't wise to leave an RO system dormant for any length of time. We spend 6 months away from home each winter which is why in the past I've drained it wasting several gallons of good water, then replacing all the filters in the spring. Is it really necessary to do this or can...
  12. dunkinidaho

Reverse Osmosis acting up

I am in Florida until may which is when I replace all 4 filters. I believe the problem to be the auto shut off. I will replace that piece al OK no with the filters in may and see what PPM reading is. Thanks
  13. dunkinidaho

I got a tds meter and have a reading of .o95 at the spout and 400 from the unfiltered side. The spigot at the sink for the RO is metal. Will that raise the reading just by going through a metal spigot? It's funny that I get a reading of 076 from the refrigerator water. Thanks
  14. dunkinidaho

Thanks for the response. I keep a list of manufacturers and part #'s so I get the same ones each year. I'll pick up a tds meter . Thanks
  15. dunkinidaho

Permeate pump

Not sure this is the place for this question. Do Permeate pumps work for RO system pressure boosting? Just hooked up a new ice maker and it isn't working too well Thanks
  16. dunkinidaho

It was working as usual since April when the filters were changed. It's only the last couple weeks that it has been "outperforming" itself. My concern is that somehow the membrane is being bypassed and I'm getting well water in my holding tank. Is that even possible? Brian
  17. dunkinidaho

Have a 7 yr old RO system. Over the years you get used to how the flow and regen' works. Lately it seems to be flowing stronger and regenerating quicker. Can the valve in these stick or otherwise malfunction? All the 4 filters are but 3 moths old. Thanks
  18. dunkinidaho

Winterizing my softener

thanks for the advice
  19. dunkinidaho

Winterizing my softener

We live in florida in the winter and are wondering if there is anything we should do to our softener for this time. Usually we just turn off the water at the well and leave. When we get home in the spring I run it through two cycles. thanks
  20. dunkinidaho

Water Softener Issues

Thanks for the response, I'll read you the analysis off the paper: results units DL method reference hardness by calculation 340000 ug/L 5000 EPA 200.8 rev 5.4 Manganese not detected Does this help Brian
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks