Search results

1. vnvet

Culligan Iron Cleer problems.....

I did read your earlier reply Gary, Thank you...I will work my way through the list, starting with the water test.
  2. vnvet

My guess is they will now go back to their original diagnosis and tell me I need a rebed for $700 +.
  3. vnvet

Agreed....selling someone more than they need isn't illegal. There were 2 service calls over a 10 day period, one was $170.00 the other was no charge.
  4. vnvet

When the system is bypassed the pump runs normally and the pressure increases.
  5. vnvet

Just goes to show that Culligan is not an honest operation, when the salesman came I told him I wanted what my neighbor had to take the sulfur smell out because he was happy with what he had...he asked if I wanted soft water, I said no..just want the sulfur smell gone...and he sells me this Iron...
  6. vnvet

I strolled up the road to my neighbors place to see if he has the same system and ask if he'd had any problems. His system isn't even close to what i have....I figured he'd have the same seeing I told the salesman I wanted whatever he had sold him to remove the sulfur smell. He has a softener...
  7. vnvet

Ok will do....any idea how to get that lead head off?
  8. vnvet

One thing I just looked up makes me wonder.....I don't have any iron..just hydrogen sulfide, I don't know why I have an Iron Cleer...this is what Culligan said I needed. When I look at the manual for their Sulfur Cleer system it shows the media as 1.5 cu ft CIM ??
  9. vnvet

It's probably medium to bad, you always smell it using water with when the system is off. Just disturbing water in the toilet bowl you smell it....washing clothes stinks up the the whole laundry room.
  10. vnvet

I can do that, my guess is it's clear though..yesterday I drained it down a little and opened that little balck canister on top of tank one, there was a screen in there and it was clear. When I turned the pump back on and re opened that ball valve I could hear the water just rush right through...
  11. vnvet

The system I have I posted a pic of.... I have no idea what media it has, I see the manual says Birm.....but the manual also says the systems removes hydrogen sulfide...and Culligan doesn't offer any info when you call them other to say they'll send a tech out and make sure you are aware it's...
  12. vnvet

Yes the pump works correctly when I have the system bypassed, it runs as water is being used and I have great pressure, I have it set to 60 lbs. And yes, the water is just trickling through the first tank (tank on the right in the pic)
  13. vnvet

It sounds pretty much the same at it always has, it's pretty loud....in fact I was putting it on manual recharge and it worked a couple times, but the last few times I still don't have pressure after the backwash. When it was working correctly during regular water use you would hear the water...
  14. vnvet

I can only bypass both at the same time, here's some pics of what I have.
  15. vnvet

I have that manual and have read it, that isn't exactly the system I have as in mine is mechanical programing, nor do I have any of the shut off valves they refer to...just ball valves in the lines to the system. In trouble shooting for low presssure it lists ( Plugged aeration inlet diffuser or...
  16. vnvet

I'll try not to be too long winded here, you guys helped me with my well problem last year and gave me all the right answers... When I built this house 4 years ago the only problem I had with the water was the sulfur smell, I talked to neighbor up the road and he said Culligan took care of...
  17. vnvet

Grundfos system problem

They're MP 1000 nozzles, set at 180 degrees. According to the Hunter chart at 50 psi that would be 24 gph.
  18. vnvet

Grundfos system problem

They are Hunter MP Rotators.
  19. vnvet

Grundfos system problem

I'm pretty confident I don't have a leak, when I shut the pump off and close the faucets the pressure gauge stays at 50 + lbs for hours, until someone opens a faucet. I suppose the water table could be lower, we haven't had any rain in 2 months and it's been in the high 90's for the last 2 weeks.
  20. vnvet

Grundfos system problem

I would think the well should have enough water to run the small sprinkler system I have, there's 8 sprinkler heads per zone and each zone is set for 15 mins, 3 zones. The well was was put in 3 1/2 years ago and the well report says 14 gpm? The well is 240'.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks