Search results

1. Dom Z

Do I need Plumbers putty

I'm installing a Moan drain( without overflow) in a ToTo vessel sink. The drain can with a small rubber gasket that is installed as a seal between the sink and the drain itself. In the passed I've use plumbers putty for the seal. Do I still need to install plumber putty between the sink, the...
  2. Dom Z

Do I need a flange extender

I just completed tiling my bathroom floor. However, now the top of toilet flange is level with the top of the tile. Do I need to install a flange extender or will a single plan wax ring work? The toilet I'm installing is a neorest 500 it came with an odd adapter that installs onto the...
  3. Dom Z

Copper or PEX

I just received a price to upgrade the hot and cold supplies for my new shower. We want to upgrade from 1/2" to 3/4". The plumber says I can save about $600 by using PEX instead of copper. He tells me there is no difference between using copper or using PEX. Will 3/4" PEX give me the...
  4. Dom Z

Very confused about shower connections

In a previous thread I questioned the size of the supply lines required for a shower renovation I'm planning. I was told to use 3/4" vs 1/2" for all connectins. Looking at the different parts the manufacture supplied with the system. I've noticed the connections on the values are 3/4"...
  5. Dom Z

What is the difference between type L and type M copper pipe

I'm planning on replacing 1/2" supply lines with 3/4" supply lines for a shower remodel. I was wondering what's the difference between type L and type M copper pipe and what type is recommended for hot and cold water supplies? Would there be any benefit in using PAX vs Copper? I don't...
  6. Dom Z

What water heater for a limited space

I'm remodeling my bathroom and putting in a new shower spa system. It's a Moen 275 system. I've been told to run at least 3/4" supply lines for the shower systems. I've turned the water on with my current setup and seem to get plenty of water and pressure. I'm not a plumber just a DIY...
  7. Dom Z

Colors of Toto toilets

This may be a little off subject and it isn't a plumbing question but I'll ask anyway. Toto has two shades of white for their fixtures: Cotton white and Colonial white. What the difference between them? Cotton White
  8. Dom Z

Vessel sink and faucet question

I'm ordering a vessel sink the is 17" dia. by 6.5" deep. The faucet I'm ordering (Moen) is 12" high. Will this faucet work well with this vessel sink?
  9. Dom Z

Help with a shower supply lines install

My wife and I are remodeling our bathroom. One part is to replace the fiberglass tube/shower surround with a 60X34 tile spa shower with 4 body sprays, a hand held shower and a rain shower head. The fixtures we are using are by Moen and require 3/4" supply lines. My problem is the cold...
  10. Dom Z

Need some info. on TOTO toilets

Hi, I'm new to Terry's forum, it has a lot of great info. I glad I found it. My wife and I are doing a complete remodel of our bathroom. Right down to the studs. We would like to install a Toto toilet. The model we are looking at is the Neorest 500. Does anyone have any input about this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks