Search results

1. davesnothome

Basement flood

Looked today and had about 2" of water in a corner section of my basement. I just bought the house in the fall of 2009. Its a 100 yr old home. At first I thought it was a sewer backup, so I called the City. They came out and had a look...turns out the drain in the floor, that I thought was a...
  2. davesnothome

Update on main water supply line

So I mentioned before I had my old lead water supply line replaced outside the house to the curbstop. Well after watching them do this I noticed that the City side from the curbstop to the main was lead as well. What seemed like a good idea to me...getting all mine replaced was pointless if the...
  3. davesnothome

What does everyone think of this softner/filter

http://www.waterfilter-usa.com/natursoft-saltfree-softener-13-bathrooms-up-to-75-grains-p-361.html This was in the house when we bought it. Are they any good? or just a big filter.
  4. davesnothome

Shoddy Electrical work

I just bought an old century home in Ontario, Canada. The previous owner upgraded the wiring to a 100 amp service from the old knob and tube. Here is my question...In Canada you have a property disclosure form that must be filled out by the seller asking about any work done without a permit. The...
  5. davesnothome

water tank questions

While taking off the old 1/2" copper that used to connect to my water heater (rental unit) undoing the line on the top coming out of the tank the whole thing came undone the internal fitting as well. Attached to that was what looked to be an anode to remove particals from the hot water tank. It...
  6. davesnothome

Avoid damage to tree

I have a big maple, roughly 50-60 feet high in front of the house. I am getting my water service line replaced next week.They have to trench to the house and the tree is about 8 feet to the left of where the trench has to be dug, and they will be using a back hoe to trench close to the house and...
  7. davesnothome

parts for pedistol sink

Can you buy the complete drain parts for a pedistol sink? I need the complete drain pipe with the sink stopper all the way to the trap. The one I have here, broke off and the rest is so much scum on it, I just want to get a complete new one, or do these come with the sinks and specific to each...
  8. davesnothome

Bringing in a new water supply line

I want to bring in a new water supply line to replace the current galvinized. Its a straight run from about 17 ft in the front of the house and enters the basement of a 2 story 100yr old home. I have a wood front deck (porch) at front of house that is directly over where the pipe enters. Is...
  9. davesnothome

5/8 water meter connection

Could someone explain the connection to a 5/8 water meter. Right now the previous owner has 1/2" copper supply lines coming off the meter in the house. I want to run 3/4 copper supply off the meter to supply a manabloc,then Im running pex direct to each fixture.Im sure I should benefit from...
  10. davesnothome

Replacing exterior supply line to the meter

I posted here before about replacing the galvinized water supply line coming into the house on a century home. I have since contacted the City and works department. They tell me for my area the maximum size pipe I can run from outside meter valve to the inside of the house is 5/8. And I would...
  11. davesnothome

Replace gal pipe to street

I need to replace gal pipe from meter inside basement to the street. How much of a job is this...I dont have lots of money to spend, but I dont mind doin the labour. I figure the outside shut off valve in the front lawn is about 10ft front of foudation wall where it enters house...so I guess...
  12. davesnothome

Re plumbing a century home

Ok, so Im re-doing a century home. Im taking out the galvanized and going with PEX. Yes Pex!!! LOL I know nobody likes it. Here is my predicted setup. Looking for any input or advice. BTW, heater is in basement. Have a bathroom upstairs( 2 Storey) Bath, Sink, Toilet Main Floor Shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks