Search results

1. davesnothome

Basement flood

What should I expect to pay to have someone do the second part you mention??? I dont want anything thats against code, so maybe the proper sump is the only way to go?
  2. davesnothome

Basement flood

I should mention the hole with the grate is only about 6-8 inche diameter and about 15 inches deep....is there a small enough sump pump to fit in that small a drain? I know they have bilge pumps for boats that have a float and when water is detected get activated to pump the water...but those...
  3. davesnothome

Basement flood

Looked today and had about 2" of water in a corner section of my basement. I just bought the house in the fall of 2009. Its a 100 yr old home. At first I thought it was a sewer backup, so I called the City. They came out and had a look...turns out the drain in the floor, that I thought was a...
  4. davesnothome

82 year old galvanized main into house

My service ended up getting replaced to the main because I complained to the City. I was spending the money to replace my side of the service.....and on the City side it was 5/8 lead pipe...there was no way I was replacing my side of the service with 3/4 K copper and having lead on the city...
  5. davesnothome

82 year old galvanized main into house

I just had that done....what they did was they used the old line dug a trench out front, threaded a cable through the old pipe. then connected to the new 3/4 copper inside and used the backhoe to pull from the inside of the house outward. Worked great, never bothered my front porch or garden...
  6. davesnothome

Tapping into a flexible water line

Is it PEX lines you have? If so, about your only option is something like a TEE fitting 1/2 X1/2 x1/4. And unless you have the crimp tool to connect into the plastic line....your only option would be something like a sharkbite fitting that connects simply by pressing the lines into the fitting...
  7. davesnothome

Vanguard Manablock pex manifold

I dont know what valve your talking about, but I have the 24port Vanguard Manibloc with pex installed. Has worked great, no problems. There is a Key for the individual shut offs, if thats what your referring to? The connection to the manibloc requires a special wrench like mentioned. Is it the...
  8. davesnothome

Update on main water supply line

Well the biggest reason I started this project was the whole house inside was galvanized and rotted out pretty badly. In fact when they shut the water off outside and began to disconnect the pipe inside from the meter..the water valve fell off in the plumbers hand. The inside of the gal pipe...
  9. davesnothome

Update on main water supply line

So I mentioned before I had my old lead water supply line replaced outside the house to the curbstop. Well after watching them do this I noticed that the City side from the curbstop to the main was lead as well. What seemed like a good idea to me...getting all mine replaced was pointless if the...
  10. davesnothome

Problem turning off main shut off -- curb stop

Maybe the tool you have is no good. It needs to be hollow to fit over the centre rod? Usually they slide the tool right over that centre rod all the way to the bottom. Its like a guide right onto the valve. Here in Ontario Canada, that rod on mine is six feet down. The tool they use is about...
  11. davesnothome

What does everyone think of this softner/filter

its wet....lol. I really can,t say because it has been here since I moved in. I just think it might be time for a proper softener with this being 5 yrs old. I changed the pre filter a few days ago and it was black with sediment so who knows what the inside of the main one looks like or if it is...
  12. davesnothome

ok, so I know this thing is almost 5yrs old. So should I take it out of the system? and replace it with a softener? If so on a 2 bedroom house with upper bath only, and lower shower only, 2 people here only what would best suit me? Or how would I determine if this Pelican NS3 is still any good?
  13. davesnothome

Can you get new media for them? and install it yourself? or is it when they reach 5 yrs or so they are garbage? Just curious what then....take it out of the system? Thanks.
  14. davesnothome

I have not really noticed anything...The pre filter, I just replaced and it was caked with a dark sediment so I guess its doing its job. Im just wondering if over time that however this thing works will it cause restrictions in my water flow? I assume it collects something from the water...
  15. davesnothome

http://www.waterfilter-usa.com/natursoft-saltfree-softener-13-bathrooms-up-to-75-grains-p-361.html This was in the house when we bought it. Are they any good? or just a big filter.
  16. davesnothome

Shoddy Electrical work

I did find alot of things myself and I new I would require some repairs, but I figured someone with the qualifications of my Inspector as I listed above here....would have the ability to pick out stuff better, more of a trained eye would,nt you think??? Having doing this for a living, you would...
  17. davesnothome

Shoddy Electrical work

Cost me $400 for the home inspection, I guess that was a waste...even though they highly promote a home inspection for your own protection. I guess I should look for a part time home inspection carreer!! a, bit of a cash cow you might say. I also have found that my rear wood flashing (I guess...
  18. davesnothome

Shoddy Electrical work

I just bought an old century home in Ontario, Canada. The previous owner upgraded the wiring to a 100 amp service from the old knob and tube. Here is my question...In Canada you have a property disclosure form that must be filled out by the seller asking about any work done without a permit. The...
  19. davesnothome

PEX, Water service from meter to house, DIY project????

Hmmm...Im no plumber, but I just had my water service replaced. I dont know where you live? but you mentioned freezing? If thats the case, I would think your water service is deeper than 2 feet. Mine was more like 6 feet deep. I had the pros do it..but I watched them. What they did was break up...
  20. davesnothome

I'm working without a permit again

I,ll bet your probably out this weekend too without a permit....:D
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks