Search results

1. philbob57

Water heater for kitchen sink

Thanks. It's 38 gallons now, but that was when it was the only water heater in a 3 BR apartment. My goals are 1) replace an old water heater; 2) save electricity costs with a smaller tank; 3) not run out of water when doing dishes. The WH was installed a long time ago.
  2. philbob57

Water heater for kitchen sink

We live in an apartment. The water heater in the kitchen used to feed the kitchen sink, the dishwasher, and 2 bathrooms. Now it just serves the kitchen sink and dishwasher. It's time to replace the heater. The dishwasher is about 10 years old, so it conserves at least some water; it doesn't...
  3. philbob57

Load center replacement

Thanks very much for the responses. My motives for the replacement include: I need another 240V circuit, and that will require a serious reorganization of the breakers, and at least one breaker seems to be a Never Trip model ... it seems to me that the cost of testing and reorganizing the...
  4. philbob57

Load center replacement

I've got a 44 year old 200 Amp Zinsco panel, and I'm considering 3 options for replacement, and I have a few questions that readers here may be able to answer. Note that in any case, a licensed, insured electrician will do the work. The first option is a complete panel replacement. I've been...
  5. philbob57

WH on apt. bldg upper floor

Thanks very much. A sensor that shuts off the water if a leak is detected sounds like the best approach. PB
  6. philbob57

Thanks for your response. Let me rephrase my question - Has anyone on this forum installed a WH on an upper floor of an apartment building (not a detached or semi-detached house) in a way that meets the requirement? If so, what did you do to comply? Thanks. PB
  7. philbob57

My city's code states: "A pan or receptor with a drain or a floor drain in an impervious floor shall be required for all water heaters, and clothes washing machines in multifamily and commercial occupancies." I live on the 4th floor of an apt bldg. There's no floor drain in my apt. I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks