Search results

1. S

This can't be right

I'm not sure what you are referring to with your warning not to leave it like that too long. Do you mean with the hot feed off and the cold feed on or do you mean just having the leak. BTW, I couldn't agree more about the name brand stuff. However, when your wife says I like that one, you make...
  2. S

This can't be right

I bought the valve from Home Depot years ago. It was probably their store brand, Pegasus. Of course, that could mean any number of off shore manufacturers. It is a pretty beefy mechanism. It has at least twice the brass of your typical Home Depot valve. I learned this was happening when I...
  3. S

Sine wave monitor

Audio Precision has a device called the ATS1 or Portable 1 that will show you voltage frequency and the distortion levels of the incoming sine wave. Of course, it does a lot more too but you would only care if you were an audio guy. They sell for several thousand dollars.
  4. S

This can't be right

I just redid the hot water lines for the entire house. I had a weird issue with one of the pressure balance shower valves. The cold water would leak through to the hot water side. Is this somewhat normal or do I need to replace its inner workings? My guess is that it was leaking at about a...
  5. S

Do it myself emergency replumb questions

And the job is done. Hot water everywhere, leaks nowhere. Approximately $200 in parts and 3 gallons of sweat. I did run copper through the attic just in case those roof rats ever come back.
  6. S

Then again, maybe not. I got the upstairs shower working but not the sink. Thought I could snake a line between the floor joists to go from one to the other. I found two beams blocking me and no room for a long bit. Looks like it will be an attic run if I don't want to break any exposed walls...
  7. S

Well I recrimped all the 1/2" connections. Everything is working like a charm now. I think I am going to like this pex pipe. I already notice how much faster hot water reaches the furthest fixture from the heater. Today I just need to run the line to the upstairs bathroom. I think I can do it...
  8. S

If I get frustrated, maybe I will just switch to $harkbites. I believe I left enough slack to cut out the crimp connectors. I assume I wouldn't want to use those ends even if I could carefully remove the crimp ring.
  9. S

Well, I got all the downstairs bathrooms hooked up. However, many of my 1/2" crimp connections leaked. My 3/4" connections are fine. I used the little go/no tool that came with the crimper. Perhaps I am not using this right. Should I be able to rotate the tool freely in the go slot? It seems...
  10. S

It is going to be PEX and Shark Bites for today. Home Depot had only one kind of PEX so I didn't look carefully to see the type. I know it isn't the armored stuff. It has been pretty hot this week so I decided to avoid any attic runs. It also means I don't have to worry about roof rats getting...
  11. S

I am in Ventura County. I can call a pro I know about the local codes but I suspect by year end we will have approved PEX if it isn't already approved. The local Home Depot already sells it but Lowes doesn't. I need to have the fix in place by tomorrow at the latest because I am going out of...
  12. S

Oh yeah, another question. 7) What about PEX? That seems like the easiest solution yet. CA just approved it this year.
  13. S

I only answered the torch question. That was the least of my worries.
  14. S

Hi, My home is a two-story place in southern CA that is about 30 years old. The original plumbing consists of rolled copper pipes running underneath the slab. I am not sure where the second story pipes run to but I assume it is back down to the slab. Tonight a section of hot water pipe under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks