Search results

1. D

Black Scum in Bath and Sinks

Thanks for all your ideas on solving the scum problem. It was the flexible lines I had from the water heater to the house lines. I took one off and it did have a rubber lining that left a black residue when I rubbed it. I replaced the flexible steel lines with flexible brass ones and the...
  2. D

Thanks for the idea of upping the water heater temperature. I will crank it up when I get home. All I know about the water quality is a report we get from the county once a year. According to that it is good, however I imagine it is possible that some bacteria got into the hot water heater...
  3. D

I am on county water and it has excellent quality. I found it only happened with the hot water, so I flushed the water heater. I also removed the faucet and noticed a little of the black stuff on the aerator and a lot in the drain. I cleaned them both. So far no more scum. Hope that fixes it...
  4. D

When I run water in my bath and sink, I see a black scum on the surface of the water. It does not smell. When I drain the tub the black scum clings to the side of the tub and seems greasy. Any ideas what is causing this and how I might fix it? Dennis
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks