Search results

1. JohnfrWhipple

Sunken Tub removal ??? How to

Nice Work Erik. Mine did not meet the same fate. I did burn some of it. I'm so sick of Jim's posts. They are driving me batty. When I tired ignoring him it was too hard for people to understand the threads or discussions. So I un ignored him. No I find myself wasting time reading his...
  2. JohnfrWhipple

Trosse d'étanchéité pour Base De Douche

Because Bad Online Advice is not reserved for English Speaking People Only. It takes a while to translate but the process install for Resisto leaves a lot to be desired. What caught my eye was the plywood walls first and roller. The rest of the install went down hill from there. Installing...
  3. JohnfrWhipple

Need your input. Noble TS - drop down shower

That outside dam corner looks trashed.
  4. JohnfrWhipple

Recess a Kohler Medicine Cabinet

Dimensions and Measurements of the Kohler Recessed medicine Cabinet. PDF File
  5. JohnfrWhipple

Recess a Kohler Medicine Cabinet

I had a lot of laughs yesterday at work while
  6. JohnfrWhipple

Euro toilet installation

Jim you work for Schluter. What type of construction adhesive do they use to set the Kerdi to the line drain?
  7. JohnfrWhipple

Tiled Doorway In Adjoining Areas

Make sure the worker knows it is easier to under cut the door jamb and slip the tile in place
  8. JohnfrWhipple

Shower Drain Installation

I just set the pre-slope today for a new job in Yale Town Vancouver. I'll post a few pictures of this step with a measuring safety check you should use to ensure the pre-slope is excatly 1/4" per foot.
  9. JohnfrWhipple

Shower Drain Installation

Kohler K-9135 Shower Drain. This is a typical three piece clamping drain. You need a pre-slope out from the lower flange at 1/4" per foot in all directions. You need to design that any way you see fit. Then add waterproofing a flood test for three days. all water should drain after the...
  10. JohnfrWhipple

Euro toilet installation

I think you best upload a bunch of pictures so we can all look at what your up against. For the life of me I have a hard time understanding your pickle. I do not like the idea of construction adhesive to hols anything long term. To fill voids yes. To bond well yes. But not for seasons of...
  11. JohnfrWhipple

Converting A laundry closet to a wet room

The front two tiles have a second cut line. These where kept tight to fool the eye. If you look at the short end of the ACO Linear drain there is a cut running from the lower right corner straight down. The tile was tipped of course so the tile is higher on each end than it is in the middle...
  12. JohnfrWhipple

Large format shower tile

That is not a curb but some Corian Slab. Look close at the design. I design it so it was tipped towards the shower. This provides an slope outside the shower door roughly 6". After this installation and the others my design has been improved to include capillary breaks and mini dams. See...
  13. JohnfrWhipple

Erik I suggested you contact these manufactures so you can see that there is no "PROPER" way of doing it. Once you find this out you will need to build it the best way you see fit. This is the job I shared a couple years back. The drain is of course an ACO. You might want to consider the...
  14. JohnfrWhipple

Large format shower tile

Like this one. Concrete Condo "Beach Avenue Vancouver" Sixth Street Vancouver Condo They are very hard to do! Especially in a multi family dwelling and with limited access from below. The first shower was easy. The concrete floor in the condo had sagged a good inch plus. The second...
  15. JohnfrWhipple

From the under side no doubt? Maybe sneak in a lowered recess for the drain and use a 1.5" Nobleflex Flashing. A little Birdie told me that Ardex and Noble are chatting about a system! that is awesome news. I have a meeting with their top tech in two days. Going to get a training session on...
  16. JohnfrWhipple

Euro toilet installation

I have installed some crazy toilets in the past. We did these Italian jobs in vancouver. The toilet is Italian. The fitting that connects to back waste to a bottom waste is German. The carrier is English. But it took Canadian know how to install! The secret was installing the carrier...
  17. JohnfrWhipple

Sunken Tub removal ??? How to

Thank You Erik. Finally a shot of your job site that is not perfectly spotless. I feel better now. Don't you love the foam pads? I love these things. They work great for a cutting station as well and prevent the tile from slipping when working the grinder. Dare I ask? Is the vanity strong...
  18. JohnfrWhipple

Better check with the Cowboy Association for that install Erik. These guys can handle the job LOL I don't think I would spring load the machine. Just make sure that anything you do is designed for flexibilty I think. It is not a shower pan so I would think setting the pan flat and making...
  19. JohnfrWhipple

Interesting material, layout, or design.

I googled the movie name. Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I'm seeing some similarity. Thanks for the red lighting photo. Can you set my initials in it some how just for a picture? lol Here is the bing bong bong scene I was talking about. Would be awesome to overlay the sound track...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks