Search results

1. carnation

Why wall-mounted toilets?

I'd hate to be in the middle of using a wall-mounted device and have it fall from the wall!
  2. carnation

The Toilet Review Guru Lives in Seattle!

Yeah, just like all those evil readers who review books online.
  3. carnation

The Toilet Review Guru Lives in Seattle!

You also have to pay Consumer Reports to get access to most of the good online information. I prefer Terry, the Toilet Titan! :D
  4. carnation

Toilet Research - What should I be looking at?

There isn't an ADA elongated Drake with CEFIONTECT (CeFiONtect) available, is there? I'm having an ADA elongated Drake installed tomorrow afternoon. I spent hours researching, and I don't think the CEFIONTECT option is available with an elongated ADA. If it is, I'm sorry I missed out on it.
  5. carnation

I am confused on the best toilet to buy

I am getting a Toto Drake installed soon. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd do so much toilet research. Just in the last few days since my Drake was ordered, I've learned more about the Drake II and it does look "prettier" to me (I'm a woman). But my Drake is already at the plumber's...
  6. carnation

Toto Drake

What about this type of plunger? From my research (I now have a Ph.D. in Plungerology), this type supposedly is used more often for commercial use than residential use, but also is a "big boy" plunger that can get the job done. It also isn't particularly cheap. I wonder if it would be difficult...
  7. carnation

Toto Drake

We think alike, especially about the plunging question. I'd like to know the answer to that too. My new Toto Drake has been ordered and will probably be installed next week. I'm a woman with no plunging assistance available, so that's why I make such a big deal about it. If there's a trick...
  8. carnation

ProPlunger

Oh, I'm doing that. I have my order in for a Toto Drake. It's just that I've had bad experiences with clogs and have a hard time losing my fear of them, along with the dread of paying a plumber and the associated humiliation and inconvenience of having them do the unclogging. ;)
  9. carnation

ProPlunger

Does anyone have a guess as to the likelihood this item would really work for a plunger-challenged person? Or is it just a gimmick that will go away because it's a piece of junk? There's an accompanying short video. www.proplunger.com
  10. carnation

toto one piece options

Didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question, so I'll just ask it here: Are the Toto soft-closing seat and the "regular" seat basically identical, except for the soft-closing mechanism? Or is the soft-closing seat just all-around more comfy in general? Getting ready to place my...
  11. carnation

Embarrassed and don't want to give this Wellworth toilet a chance

I don't think I have a medical condition like you spoke of. Just a nervous nellie about this since I was so disappointed with the Kohler and my inability to plunge it. Admittedly, I was upset and didn't try too hard before I called the place I bought it from. Has anyone ever tried this type...
  12. carnation

I'm almost ready to replace the Kohler with a Toto Drake. Read some reviews elsewhere that says they're hard to plunge (other reviews have said they're easy to plunge, who knows). Does anyone know whether a round unit would be easier to plunge than an elongated unit? Also, if I can't get a...
  13. carnation

Does anyone know whether one that uses 1.6g is less likely to clog than one using 1.28g? Can you tell I'm obsesssed with the fear of clogs? :D
  14. carnation

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. We have a Habitat for Humanity nearby. I'm thinking of using an entirely new plumbing outfit than the one I bought the Kohler from, but in a way I'd like the place I bought it from to know of my dissatisfaction. They recommended it to me and had it in their...
  15. carnation

So...would it be advisable for me to get the type of auger plumbers use (like in the picture above - around $45 or so, I think), or is the little homeowner's type I got for $8 okay? I read somewhere that a homeowner's auger was usually fine for a home toilet. I didn't spring for the big thingy...
  16. carnation

This Wellworth (I know I've referred to it sometimes as a Wellington--get confused) is a Class 5 system. I'm thinking of giving it three strikes before it's out (it's already had one strike). I've armed myself to the teeth. Got two new, different-type toilet plungers and even found one new...
  17. carnation

I had an elongated Kohler Wellington installed nearly three weeks ago. It clogged after only about a week and a half. Plunging couldn't unclog it, so the plumbing place I bought it from unclogged it for free. I am upset about this. I hate fighting with a toilet and feel scared to use it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks