Search results

1. M

Washing Machine Drain

You're right about that being a solution, but from the evidence, I have to assume at this point that it is not. I suppose one solution could be that I run the Drain Standpipe up the wall to give me enough gravity to make it all work.
  2. M

Washing Machine Drain

Well what the laundry tray drains into is a bit of a question and an entirely different issue. We believe it drains into the sump drain, but that is not clear.
  3. M

Washing Machine Drain

The hose runs out of the washing machine along the floor and up the wall at this point. It runs along the wall at about a chest high level and connects into the main stack just above where the main drain exits the house. I hope these pictures help to explain my dilemma.
  4. M

Washing Machine Drain

Just to be clear, I am well aware of what a p-trap is and where they are located. My whole point of asking my initial question is that I know that this connection is wrong and my experience is limited. My main issue is that the washing machine drain is lower than where the main drain leaves the...
  5. M

Washing Machine Drain

And the drain hose from the washing machine does not have to be clamped onto the drain standpipe?
  6. M

Washing Machine Drain

So am I to understand that some sort of Trap or P Trap is needed in the setup? There is some sort of contraption that has been installed inline, but identifiing it is above my pay grade. If the insert image feature worked for me, maybe someone can identify it for me.
  7. M

Washing Machine Drain

Here is my situation. I have recently moved into an older home and have my washing machine in the basement. The current drain set up is out of the bottom of the washing machine into flex pipe that clamps onto galvanized pipe that goes up the wall and levels out about waist high. The galvanized...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks