Search results

1. CarolLee

kitchen sink draining into dishwasher

Are the air gap and the coiled drain new developments? I've never seen an air gap. Our house was built about 6 -7 years ago and they did not coil the drain. It is, however, attached to the highest point possible on the garbage disposal. Thanks for all the help. Even though I can't take...
  2. CarolLee

Thanks for the reply. We have been in our home for 5.5 years w/o a problem like this. Is it still possible that the drain was installed improperly? Also, it is not draining at all. There is standing water in the dish washer and if I run the water for even a few seconds, it runs out of the...
  3. CarolLee

Hi, When I run water in the kitchen sink, it is somehow draining into the dishwasher. The dishwasher is backed up - couple of inches of standing water in the bottom - so if I run water in the sink, it overflows from the dishwasher onto the floor. I first noticed a puddle of water in front of...
  4. CarolLee

gap in plumbing under kitchen sink

Ok, we got it together! Thanks so much!!!! Yeah, I am bad about not testing the "give" in things and not knowing when you have to force something. My husband is the opposite and typically breaks everything he tries to fix. (He gets really mad when I say that, lol.) After yelling at him...
  5. CarolLee

Ok, husband just got involved. I didn't realize you could stretch the washer to fit. He's working with it now.
  6. CarolLee

Ok, just read your posts. I see the washer but it is the same diameter as the black pipe - it doesn't fit the pipe. ???
  7. CarolLee

Just took another look . . . I just took another look, unscrewed the nut to check the diameter of the white tube and it is the same diameter as the black tube. So, the black tube will not slip down inside the white tube. The nut is the only thing to channel the water from one tube to another...
  8. CarolLee

Hi Terry, I'm kind of laughing at myself right now because I know you are trying to help me and I'm just not following you. When you say, "reach down there and stick it back on.", what am I sticking back on? I'm trying to think of what you might mean but the pipes just don't reach each other...
  9. CarolLee

Would this be against code? I am wondering if I can hold the builder responsible for redoing it correctly and perhaps repairing damage from the leak. The house is about six years old. Thanks.
  10. CarolLee

Thanks for the input. I thought maybe the pipes were settling or something because there is actually a bigger gap now than when I found it a week ago. When I first noticed the problem, the white pipe had been bumped out of alignment with the black one. When I pushed it back, I noticed the...
  11. CarolLee

Here are a couple of pics, I think. [/ATTACH] I'm new at this posting pic thing but here goes.
  12. CarolLee

Ok, so I go to get something out from under the kitchen sink and the cottage cheese I just put down the garbage disposal is all over everything! When I checked the pipes, I found that the tube that comes out of the garbage disposal is sitting above the white plastic drain pipe. It looks as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks