Search results

1. vaman

Rainbird1800 sprinkler heads along sidewalk

Part of our irrigation system has a series of Rainbird 1800 spray heads that throw water across a sidewalk to hit some shrubs. The shrubs do get watered and I adjusted the AP heads so there is a direct spry but I there is a fair amount hitting the sidewalk. If I simply replace them with another...
  2. vaman

Hunter rotor head adjustment screw

I have a couple of hunter rotor heads that I cannot get the adjusting tool to catch the adjusting screw so I can change the spray distance. Any ideas on how else to turn it or what other options I have?
  3. vaman

Tools for sweating copper pipe, questions & answers

I am going to sweat copper pipe for the first time. I desoldered the damaged fitting today and wanted to attach the new fitting tomorrow. Can I use steel wool to clean the fitting and the pipe or do I need to get an emery cloth and pipe brush? I've read different things on the interent and don't...
  4. vaman

Condensate Backflow

i have a high efficiency ac system. Condensate drains down to a pump and is pumped out. The pipe from the ac unit to the pump is now backing up. There is a cleanout into which I have inserted a tube to siphon the water out.But how to clean this line out to fix it?
  5. vaman

Repair Kit For Sale

I have a wilkins pvb repair for sale .Never used. Can we advertise stuff for sale on this forum. If so Iwill post price,picture and model number info.
  6. vaman

Exposed rotor head pictures

Here are two pictures that better explain my situation with the exposed rotor head. One shows the exposed head and the other shows the supply line. You experts toss around all kinds of terms about the supply line which I don't understand so I thought the picture would best explain the...
  7. vaman

Replacing female copper fitting

Last year I replaced the PVB on my system. While messing around with the system I damaged some of the threads on the supply line female fitting. The male fitting would tighten in only with joint compound. Over the winter I noticed the pvc line was disconnected from the female fitting and the "t"...
  8. vaman

PVB parts for sale

Last fall I replaced the PVB but before that bought a repair kit which I want to sell. Are we allow to advertise stuff for sale on this forum?
  9. vaman

Rotor Heads Exposed

Last fall I replaced all of the Hunter rotor heads on my system. Despite filling the dirt back in, some of the heads remain exposed above the ground. Attaching them to the supply line was straightforward and I can tell that they are perpendicular to the supply line.The most obvious one is about...
  10. vaman

Sealing supply pipe

When I was earlier replacing my PVB I fiddled with the copper supply pipe coming out of the house. The installers had some sort of soft white material to seal between it and the siding. It's not a caulk;can someone tell me this stuff is? Thanks
  11. vaman

Clogged AC Evaporator line

I have a 16 year old high efficiency central air where the evaporator condensate feeds into a pump to be removed. This week for the second time in abput 4 months the pvc line coming out of the evaporator clogged. There is a cleanout where I ran a brush through to clean it and it fixed the...
  12. vaman

Leaking Hunter PGP rotors

I have some hunter pgp rotors leaking. Dug around them and each one is spraying water out sideways;looks like it's between the riser assembly and the shrub head base. What is the secret to unscrewing these things? Am I correct in thinking the screen is probably clogged?
  13. vaman

Thank you + PVB salvage value

Finally got my PVB breaker replaced along with the necessary PVC fittings.Thanks to those who walked me through diagnosing and fixing the problem. I was wondering given that the PVB is brass does it have any appreciable salvage value I could get at a local salvage yard? Wondered what the pros...
  14. vaman

Copper Fitting Leaking on pressure vacuum breaker-update info

When I posted the question about the female copper fitting leaking on the supply line to the pressure vacuum breaker I left out some relevant info. The leak is very slow;I guess about 1 drop a minute but it is definitely leaking. When I was removing the old female pvc fitting I put a small nick...
  15. vaman

New Pressure Vacuum Breaker Leak In Copper Female Fitting

Ok Another issue with me replacing my pressure vacuum breaker .There is a very small leak in the copper female fitting in the supply line out of the house. When I was messing with the old PVC line the original male PVC fitting broke off in the copper female fitting. In removing it I managed to...
  16. vaman

New pressure vacuum breaker test cocks leaking

Thanks to the help of many on this site I replaced my wilkins vacuum pressure breaker.Had both ball valves closed and when I turned it on for the first time water sprayed out of both test cocks. I opened the inlet shut off valve first before the outlet shutoff valve.So why is water coming out...
  17. vaman

Replacing Vacuum Pressure Breaker

Am making progress with replacing vacuum pressure breaker. I have not yet glued the pvc pipe coming out of the breaker;wanted to make sure there were no leaks first. Well I discovered that the male fitting going into the intake valve is not tight enough. I thought I had it and this being my...
  18. vaman

Replacing Vacuum Pressure Breaker -PVC Glue Drying Time

Hi.I'm the one with the broken Wilkins Vacuum pressure breaker. I have a new unit and pvc pipe and various fittings. This is my first time working with PVC pipe.How long do I need to let the primer and cement dry before turn on the water to the system?
  19. vaman

Replacing Vacuum Pressure Breaker

Thanks for all the help thus far. I will replace the vaccum pressure breaker. I do know how to saw the PVC pipe to remove the damaged unit but could use advice on where I should glue the new PVC pipe required for the replacement. I'm assuming I should go ahead and cut the existing connections in...
  20. vaman

Vacuum Pressure Breaker Picture

I posted a picture of the leaking vacuum pressure breaker on the thread labeled vacuum pressure breaker part 2. Could someone look at it and advise me on what to do. I think as someone mentioned the breaker body is probably warped. I could use advice on what PVC fittings to buy to connec the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks