Search results

1. dabensys

Bad pressure regulator?

Hello all, My relief valve on my water heater tripped open earlier today and now leaks intermittantly. I took my pressure guage and checked the pressure at my front (upstream of the PR) and back (downstream of the PR) and got 140PSI and 105PSI, respectively. The PR is rate for 25-75 PSI so...
  2. dabensys

Georgia, 2006 IPC - does this old work look up to code?

Thanks for the confirmation. I truly believe that the plumbing work o. This house is bad throughout.
  3. dabensys

Georgia, 2006 IPC - does this old work look up to code?

See photo. Note, the WC vents through the 2" VTR noted in the photo.
  4. dabensys

GFCI for Whirlpool Tub

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've decided to go with the faceless GFCI and 2, individual outlest under the skirt. I want to conceal the GFCI's; can I put them inside my base cabinet?
  5. dabensys

GFCI for Whirlpool Tub

I am adding a new whirlpool tub in the master bath. The tub comes with a standard 3-prong plug for connection to a standard outlet. I have read both the 2008 NEC and 2006 IRC and can only find the requirement that the whrilpool motor be on a dedicated circuit with ground-fault protection. My...
  6. dabensys

Dry-vs-wet venting bathroom group

He was an older gentlemen (probably late 50's to early 60's), and I did not ask how long he'd been in the trade. He did not say how the vent could become clogged, only that he'd seen many times where a clogged dry vent could not be cleared. I asked if I should install some cleanouts and...
  7. dabensys

Thank you Terry. I appreciate the information. Fortunately, this is the only major bathroom remodel to do in our home, so the issue will not present itself to me (at least) ever again. I was just curious to know. Thanks!
  8. dabensys

Breaking my promise, I am posting another thread. I just got my plumbing rough inspected, and it passed. However, I used individual, dry vents for the WC, Tub and Shower. The inspector passed my work, but that it was actually 'old code'. He said 'new code' prefers you to wet vent a bathroom...
  9. dabensys

Question about tying in to old work

Thank you. This will be my last post/question on this site. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I truly appreciate it.
  10. dabensys

Why? So they can drill through the bottom 1/3 of the joist and run a 3" drain?
  11. dabensys

Dvw Thanks hj. A question regarding the cleanout... I was planning to put a cleanout on the 2" tub drain after I cut it back and add a 90 to where it will turn up about 15" from the wall. That way I can conceal the cleanout with the middle vanity cabinet with a hole cut into the bottom...
  12. dabensys

Thanks jadnashua. I appreciate the feedback!
  13. dabensys

All, Please review the attached image. I am removing a BT in a 2nd floor bath and putting a double LAV in its place. I planned on tying in to the existing 2" drain/vent that serves the hall bath (and served the old BT) and the LAV in the 1st floor bath. However, after more research I find...
  14. dabensys

Brick pulling away from structure?

Thanks for the advice.
  15. dabensys

Actually, I did... "...I did notice when removing the studs where the window opening would be that the fasteners nailed to the back of the studs had pulled away about 1/2..." I just didn't call them 'tabs'.
  16. dabensys

Venting Question

Thanks! I appreciate your time and recommendations.
  17. dabensys

Master bath layout

Thanks for the feedback! I'll make those adjustments. May mean drilling a few more holes, but it shouldn't be too much work.
  18. dabensys

Suddenly Low Water Pressure Upstairs

Low pressure Turn off the water in the house and also the sprinkler system if it is on a seperate branch. Go out to the water meter and watch it to see if it is moving. If it is, then you've got a burst line. My main burst about 3 years ago and we had the same issue with a pressure drop...
  19. dabensys

Venting Question

I agree with everything you say. In my line of work, software engineering, I have seen many occasions where someone reads a c++ for dummies book and then comes and applies for senior engineer position. I have to laugh (to myself) b/c these people really just don't get it. It takes years of...
  20. dabensys

All, I am adding a new window to the master bath. I've done this several times before, but never on a house with a brick facade. I rough framed the window opening last week, but I did not remove the insul-board until today. When I exposed the brick, I noticed that it was over 1/2" out of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks