Search results

1. towthis2002

Water Heater overheating and tripping breaker?

That's what I figured when I got into the process of switching them out. I was surprised that the temperature reading was that elementary, not a big deal, I just thought it would have been in the tank itself. Thanks again for the suggestions and help.
  2. towthis2002

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. The parts were under warranty and I installed them last night. Everything seems to be working this morning. Do the thermostats just get there reading from the back side against the tank? Thanks again.
  3. towthis2002

So there is a way to just replace the thermostats without having to replace the entire heating element? Thanks for the info
  4. towthis2002

Delta Set Screw

Just to let others know. I ended up taking a hacksaw to the handle to remove it so I could access the set screw. After a couple trips to home depot to get those tools that remove broken screws I ended up drilling it out and finally removing what was left of the handle to access the valve.
  5. towthis2002

It seems that our water heater, 50 Gallon, State Select, electric, is having some issues. The unit is only 6 years old. The other morning I noticed the water was excessively hot and later that same day the water was only luke warm and then not warm at all. I went out and notice a red button...
  6. towthis2002

Delta Set Screw

What would be the best way to heat it? Butane lighter?
  7. towthis2002

Delta Set Screw

Well I soaked it for at least 1 1/2, no luck. I guess it is time to call in a professional or is there another way? From the location of the handle, screw, and wall, I don't thinK I can drill it out. As far as Delta, I think the placement of the set screw is horrible. I don't think the...
  8. towthis2002

Delta Set Screw

Thanks - soaking it now. I took a paper towel and soaked it in vinegar and have it sitting on top of the screw. If it cant come out I don't see how you could access the small hole to drill it out. Where does Delta stand on something like this? I understand the washer going bad but the...
  9. towthis2002

Delta Set Screw

Well I decided to tackle my leaking shower today but I could not get the set screw out. I must have tried on and off for two hours. Any suggestions?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks