Search results

1. BeautyFish

Price Pfister OX8, Anyone recognize this faucet?

Gentlemen: Thanks to the experts on this forum. It was indeed a Pfister, and once I had that info, I was able to get info on the web and work confidently. It was a simple adjustment of the temperature stop. 5 minute deal. So I guess that since the plumber didn't recognize the part, refused...
  2. BeautyFish

Price Pfister OX8, Anyone recognize this faucet?

Hi. I just moved in to a condo that was renovated about 2 years ago. All of my other faucets (sinks and baths) are either Ikea or Delta, but this one has no manufacturer's name, marks, or numbers. My issue is that I can't get the water hot enough. Before I try to disassemble the faucet to...
  3. BeautyFish

How do plumbers decide on what to charge?

I recently had a plumber give me an estimate of $335 to replace the cartridge on a Delta Model 13 shower faucet. I was in a real bind, but I just couldn't pull the trigger, as that seemed incredibly excessive. I am not even close to a plumber, but I got some help in the Bath/Shower forum...
  4. BeautyFish

Dripping Delta Shower...do I need a cartridge or what?

I went on the Delta site, identified the faucet by sight, and was led to the parts list. My local Home Depot had the replacement cartridge for 36 bucks. I watched a video put out by Delta, and replaced the cartridge in about 20 minutes. This was my second plumbing repair. Leak fixed. I'm...
  5. BeautyFish

Dripping Delta Shower...do I need a cartridge or what?

Guys - I had a plumber come and look at two issues in two different bathrooms. The guy didn't know what he was doing, and I was helped on this forum with the bathtub faucet issue, which didn't need the $230 spout replacement the guy quoted me. Instead, I was able to fix it myself with with...
  6. BeautyFish

"mini remodel" of 50's bath/shower

I am not looking to do anything OVER tile. Please re-read the original post. I want to remove the shower pan and original tile and replace them while keeping the wall tile. I am not looking to "get over" on the future owner of the house or cause them any problems.
  7. BeautyFish

"mini remodel" of 50's bath/shower

I need to spiff up our 1950's brick home enough so that potential buyers aren't scared away. Two of the three baths have had gut remodels, but the tiny master hasn't had much done to it. It has a small tiled shower with 4x4 wall tile, and the shower floor has 3/4 square tile that has been...
  8. BeautyFish

Bathtub Faucet came shooting out today

Thanks to everyone here. The picture and linked instructions were what I needed. Had a torch, pipe cutter, emery paper, tools. Needed a wire brush, flux, and solder. The job took me 20 minutes and worked great. The plumber who got all "A" ratings on Angie's List didn't have a clue and wanted...
  9. BeautyFish

That's exactly the piece! I had a plumber come by today, and he said he had never seen anything like it, then wanted $335 to install a replacement. Now that I've seen your pic, I can see that mine was never installed correctly. The brass piece was never soldered at all, and was oriented...
  10. BeautyFish

I have the whole family staying over today because my wife was just moved to hospice. It's total chaos. Evidently my 89 year old mother used the faucet as leverage to get out of the tub earlier today and it pulled out a little, so she shoved it back. Then, my brother in law tried to take a...
  11. BeautyFish

Best shower head for extremely low water pressure

We have extremely low water pressure at the street: about 14 psi as measured by the water company guy. They are not obligated to do anything about it as long as we get water, and by the time it gets to my second story bathrooms, the pressure is pretty pathetic in the showers. The sinks and...
  12. BeautyFish

Mixing valve theory

We had our bathroom renovated this year, and this one was a gut job. I didn't do the work this time. About three days ago, my daughter told me that she had lost hot water in the shower. It wasn't dead cold, but there was very little hot. I ran the water, and she was right. It started out warm...
  13. BeautyFish

Sink Drain question

So if I put in another vanity style sink and use the existing drain pipe, I'm good to go, but if I want to replace it with a pedestal sink, I have to get a permit, install venting in this first floot power room and somehow get it up to the roof, get a permit and an inspection? I'm starting to...
  14. BeautyFish

Sink Drain question

This is an old house, and with the walls down for new backerboard and tile, the bathroom shows no indication of any vent stacks in either the toilet or sink walls. When I initially called the township and described my renovation, I was told that as long as I was replacing the new fixtures in...
  15. BeautyFish

Sink Drain question

We're replacing a vanity sink with a pedestal sink. The existing supply lines look like they can stay where they are, but the existing drain line from the vanity runs straight down through the floor and makes a 90 degree turn between the floor joists. The pedestal sink instructions show a wall...
  16. BeautyFish

Lead drain pipe question

Is it likely that I will be able to just turn the threaded adapter to remove? Is there any prep or special materials or tools? I'm assuming I can cut the pipe and then remove the brass fitting with a large wrench. I just want to be careful with the old cast iron.
  17. BeautyFish

Lead drain pipe question

My simple "retile the powder room" project has turned into something a lot bigger than I first imagined. It turns out that I'm going to have to replace the subfloor, so while I'm at it I'd like to look at the possibility of replacing the lead drain pipe that runs from the large CI pipe to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks