Search results

1. Stark

Removing toilet, do i need a new wax seal?

There's no markings at all? I wouldn't risk using the old wax and developing a leak. If you have wood sub-flooring it could cause dry rot over time, and then you're looking at a large repair. I'd invest the 30 minutes to drive and get a new one, and have peace of mind
  2. Stark

Which Toto?

The Ultramax has the G-max flush. The Ultramax II (used to be called Gwyneth) has the double-cyclone flush. Ultramax II is also 1.28 gpf, while the Ultramax is 1.6 gpf. From other threads I've learned that the G-Max is more powerful, but the double-cyclone has better bowl rinse and yet still...
  3. Stark

Removing toilet, do i need a new wax seal?

I'm not a professional, but I'd be hesitant to re-use a wax seal. What kind of toilet do you have?
  4. Stark

Toto Drake

Drake II on Toto web site This link to Toto's web site shows 10 Toto toilets, two of which are Drake II's. One has CEFIONTECT and one doesn't: http://www.totousa.com/ProductSearchResults/tabid/37/Default.aspx?SearchId=df8cdfbe-2eb3-40ae-88b1-a648ed5a5902 For some reason the CEFIONTECT...
  5. Stark

What's the best way to insulate copper pipes?

In the winter I notice that I run out of hot water in the shower much sooner than I do in the summer (I enjoy long, hot showers). I attribute this to the exposed copper water pipes in my basement. The basement does get considerably colder in the winter because I live on a hill and it's only...
  6. Stark

TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Gwyneth ranking So where would you rank it? :)
  7. Stark

TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Bowl rinse of 1.28 DC vs. 1.6 DC & 1.6 GMAX Hey Terry, 1) So how does the bowl rinse of the Gwyneth 1.28 gpf double-cyclone compare to the bowl rinse of the Guinevere/Soiree 1.6 gpf double-cyclone? Is it noticeably different? 2) Would you say the bowl rinse of the Gwyneth 1.28 gpf...
  8. Stark

Rough-in definition

First, thanks to Terry for creating this site. :) I've been spending a lot of time on here lately learning about toilets. Now, my question: Is the rough-in the distance from the closet bolts to the drywall or the distance from the closet bolts to the baseboard molding? I'm trying to figure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks