Search results

1. GoldMaple

Kitchen Drain Pipe and Vent Move

Hello, I'm renovating my kitchen and I have a few questions. Please refer to the attached pictures for context. 1. I would like to move my drain and hot & cold lines from the floor into the wall. The drain pipe below the floor drops straight to the concrete floor, about 8 feet. Just below the...
  2. GoldMaple

Parallel Wires?

Hello, I came across some wiring that I've never seen before. The wire from the panel goes into a junction box and is then connected to two other wires that exit the box. The two wires travel directly to a second junction box where these two wires are connected to two other wires that lead to...
  3. GoldMaple

Adding a New Light

Hi, I would like to add a new light and switch. The closest source of power is at another light. Attached is a diagram of the current setup and my proposed new wiring setup. I would like the two lights to work independently of each other. Can someone please confirm, or not, that the proposed...
  4. GoldMaple

Leveling Acrylic Tub Apron

Hi, Attached are two pictures of the same acrylic Maax tub taken from different angles. The installation instructions say not to wedge under the front apron when leveling the tub. I used self leveling concrete on the floor and the tub is virtually level without any intervention. However, from...
  5. GoldMaple

Ground Wire

My buddy has an old house and the upstairs uses wires with only a white and a black, no ground. He's done a lot of renovating in the basement and all the newer circuits in the house have a ground wire. One of the new receptacles with a ground is very close to an old receptacle without a ground...
  6. GoldMaple

Moving Heating Floor Vent under cabinet

Hello... I'm renovating my bathroom and have to move a floor vent. This bathroom never had a cabinet, just a wall mounted sink, and now the edge of the new cabinet will land on the the existing vent. The vent in the picture below is 2 1/2" x 12". The edge of the cabinet will land on the right...
  7. GoldMaple

Legs vx Flat Bottom

For those of you have installed many water heaters what do you think about the difference between those with 3 legs and those that have a flat base? Do you find that when the basement floor is uneven and you have to install a water heater with no legs that it wobbles? This is my concern given my...
  8. GoldMaple

Water Heater Questions

I'm looking for a new tank style water heater and I have a few questions. 1. The R factor of the insulation varies from heater to heater. Do water heater insulation blankets work very well? 2. My 27 year old James Woods heater has legs but most of the new heaters do not. Is there a reason...
  9. GoldMaple

Discovered a 10 AWG Cable

I live in an old house and I have been doing some renovating. I was looking for a way to get to my electrical panel because I'd like to run a couple of new circuits into my basement. Given the location of the Panel it was not going to be an easy task. While looking for a route I discovered a...
  10. GoldMaple

Compression or Solder Fitting

Does it matter if one uses a compression or a solder fitting for use as a bathroom shut off valve? Just two valves that shut off the shower, sink and toilet in the bathroom. Is there any reason not to use a compression fitting?
  11. GoldMaple

Moving Basement Shower Drain

First, a little background on my project! I have an existing basement bathroom. It has a sink, toilet, and a shower. I believe the plumbing was done to code many many years ago and everything works. I remodeled the rest of my basement about 5 years ago and had to pull the old shower stall out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks