Search results

1. the newcomer

Jet pump not priming

It sounds like trickling in the suction line. Should I listen in the well as the pump is running? Or start digging the line I repaired lol.
  2. the newcomer

Jet pump not priming

Hello. Thx in advance. Few days ago our pump kicked on out of the blue for a minute and noticed the pressure dropping from tank. The pump will cut off at the normal 60 psi. and immediately the pressure drops and 7 minutes later pump comes on again. I started with her foot valve and to no avail...
  3. the newcomer

Thumping/Banging noise from Hot Water tank.

Hello, Just replaced the elements in my HW tank and two days later there is this sort of thumping/banging noise coming from the top of the tank. I'm not sure how to describe it really. Hot water works great and the temp was 150, too hot so I brought it down to 125 degrees. Does anyone know what...
  4. the newcomer

Heater Tank Temp too hot!!!

and I guess its that hot now because the old elements where so covered in calcium the previous owners probably had to turn it up to get it hot enough
  5. the newcomer

K so could I change the temp without turning off the Power?
  6. the newcomer

I just replaced both my elements in my HW tank and the old ones were caked with calcium. It took maybe 30-40 mins for the 50 gallons to heat up. The thermostat is set to 150 degrees and was wondering now that I got new elements, should I turn the heat down to the next notch which is 125 degrees...
  7. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

12pm-The water is too hot!!! That's great round here considering we haven't had water in 3 days. So again, Thank you all for your expert advice and especially Wayne. You are a true person, great soul. Thank you.
  8. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

Well Day 3... I have to give it to "McconnellPlumbing", I was on the phone from Toronto to Oklahama at 1030pm last night with him helping me figure out what the problem is. Turns out because I never released the pressure when draining tanks and tried to refill the tanks the HW tank wouldn't...
  9. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

Well, it's been on for 12 hours now, and I drained a bit from the tank and a bunch from the taps to see the clearity change. So more cold water has been put in while still trying to heat the freezing cold water. It's been 11 hours now and it is just warm. Do you think at element is blown? If so...
  10. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

Thanks, is there another kind of filter i could get? And should I wait a few days to see if the hot water ( now just still warm) clears up, because it is cloudy. Or should I drain bladder again and replace the most recent filter I put in? My guess would be to wait it out a few, and try not to...
  11. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

OKAY, I figured it out. Here goes... It was a sediment problem. Yesterday I wanted to clean out my Water Softener and start fresh. So I emptied the tanks while shutting off the power to both. And drained all the pipes ( BUT FORGOT TO OPEN A FAUCET!!!). So after the drain, install...
  12. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

I guess it's just going to cost this ol sucker 300 to get a plumber out here whos' going to laughed at what a simple job this was. I can say I tried and gave it my all. Thanks anyways guyg.
  13. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

The water fills up the Bladder tank then when it gets to the UV light it seems to slow right down or stop really. Because now after 2 minutes, with the valve before the HW tank open, nothing is going in the tank? And seeing as for the cold water, nothing is after the UV light, it should come...
  14. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

K so verdict is, Empty everything, faucets open. Bladder air pressure reads 28psi. Gauge reads 0psi. Now I want to turn on the pump but should I keep the faucets open? there is also three shut off valves, one after bladder tank, one after uv light and one before HW tank. Should I open these one...
  15. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

Well-rite, I keep the valve closed after the tank til it fills, then I slowly open it up at it rushes on to the softener. I don't think it's damaged. Besides it was working today, I just did the cleaning of the salt system and heating tank.
  16. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

I think my problem is after the Jet pump and Bladder tank, but what could block the water from coming up even just the cold water. It rushes from the bladder tank through softener and then it's just the uv light. I didn't remove the light the first draining. But didn't think I had to. Could...
  17. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

No the HW tank filled up the first time to what seemed to be normal, than when I had no pressure, I drained the tank and started over now 3 times. now I am draining both tanks and faucets open. To test the gauge and air pressure. I really appreciate your help, you have no Idea what a happy...
  18. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

Pressure gauge is right beside bladderr tank at the bottom, when i drain it, I think it goes down to 40 but I can do it quikly now if you got the time. Thanks guys a lot. And should i be keeping a faucet open all this time.
  19. the newcomer

No water out of faucets?

then you will not be storing any water in the bladder storage tank under pressure. The pump will turn on, and since the water can't compress, almost immediately hit the shut off pressure, and stop. This can ruin a pump. I think we are on to something here, so the bladder can fill and read 65...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks