Search results

1. K

Water heater relief valve leaking...a lot.

The valve on the water heater has started to leak/flow. Every time someone takes a shower, washes clothes using hot water, or runs the dishwasher it flows from the overflow pipe for 15-20 minutes. Obviously when refilling/reheating. Everything else works just fine. Can I just replace the...
  2. K

Need help with air hammer/knock.

I am getting a knock when I shut off the faucet, shower valve, or when the toilet stops. Even when using an adjoining bathroom. When replacing the plumbing during the renovation my plumber (brother who lives in FL, I live in IL), installed 2 air chambers on the supply lines for the vanity. We...
  3. K

Needing advice for first time toilet install

I am going to install a Toto Pacifica with a 12" unifit this weekend. First with the plastic unifit piece. I know I have to drill holes in my ceramic and according to the directions, install the supplied plastic anchors and screws. Would it be better (or overkill) to drill through the ceramic...
  4. K

Advice on flange problem

Here's what I'm going to try. Cut off a portion of the 3" copper soil stack, mate some 3" PVC with a Fernco, and top it off with a new PVC flange. Does a Fernco leak over time? Thanks. Kitch
  5. K

Advice on flange problem

Stackers I looked at your link for "stackers" and they unfortunately won't work. I believe that they are for increasing the height of the closet flange when a new floor is installed around it. Thanks for your help though! Kitch
  6. K

Advice on flange problem

Update I appreciate your posts. I guess I need to explain myself more or get add'l explanations from you. After increasing the height of the floor by 3/4in, and then reinstalling the closet flange on top of the new ceramic (as it should be), there is a 3/4in gap from the bottom of the closet...
  7. K

Advice on flange problem

I recently removed a vinyl floor in my bathroom and replaced it with ceramic and CBU. This increased the floor height by 3/4in. When reinstalling the flange, I'm 3/4in short. What are my options?? The flange is copper and connects to a 3in copper soil stack. I'm installing a TOTO Pacifica...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks