Search results

1. bradah

3/4" to 1/2" to 3/4"

Please a look at my current set up. I'll be replacing this next week with an Aerotherm and wondered if I needed to go back and run 3/4 all the way to the tank on the cold line instead of it reducing the 1/2" as shown. Does that matter? The local plumbing house said "no" but I wanted to...
  2. bradah

Vacuum relief valve or not

My water heater is in the basement... I plan to install the TET. Thank you for the replies.
  3. bradah

Vacuum relief valve or not

I’m wondering if in my situation I need a vacuum relief valve on my Bradford White Arrowtherm hybrid water heater. I have city water and there is a backflow check valve so that water from the house can’t go back into the main system. Wouldn’t the backflow check valve negate the need of a vacuum...
  4. bradah

Embarrassed and don't want to give this Wellworth toilet a chance

my 2 cents Carnation, I installed a Toto Drake (1.28 gallon) about 3 months ago......and another downstairs just last week..... There are 7 people in my household and we have yet to experience even one clog. To top it off, there is no chance of an overflowing bowl if it ever does clog...
  5. bradah

Replace or reinforce closet flange

Ok I see what you are saying. Thanks for the quick replies and assistance. I should have this all hooked up soon. Great site....very helpful over the last few months.
  6. bradah

Ok,,,,,, I went to HD and got something called a "Super Ring". It's black but looks the same. It says to use "RTV Silicone Sealant" ......... all I have is the "100% Silicone Sealant" that you use around windows/doors, etc. It is not labeled "RTV" Is this an issue?
  7. bradah

questions Terry, Would the red ring fit OVER what is already there? Or would I have to take off the old steel flange first? If it does fit over.....how do I ensure that sewer gases don't seep up between the old flange and this red ring? And last.....what about the increase in flange...
  8. bradah

What is the best way to cut...... .....through that metal? Tin snips sure don't work.....
  9. bradah

I have a cast iron flange with ABS. It has started to rust but is still strong enough to hold the flange bolts. It would be a big job replacing this because of the limited access. Note also the "funnel insert".....not sure why that was there. Might it have been used for a spacer? My...
  10. bradah

Which is better? A factory insulated tank for the Drake?

not impressed I just picked up the insulated version of the Toto Drake and am NOT very impressed with how the insulation was adhered to the tank or the insulation itself. It is basically glued down on the edges and is "loose" in the middle. I think I could do a better job and save the...
  11. bradah

Which is better? A factory insulated tank for the Drake?

I have condensation problems on my current Toto Drake. I'm looking at getting a second for upstairs. Is it better to buy the insulated tank straight from Toto? Or can I insulate it myself. Lowes or Home Depot do not seems to have any "kits" to buy. Can I buy a certain type of...
  12. bradah

Long....and level

thanks for the tip Does this tool have a specific name? Any other options?
  13. bradah

Long....and level

next step Ok........thanks for those tips. I've done some further investigation and this is where I'm at. I've not taken the toilet off to see what I have. But, I am 99% sure that I will find the same situation I did in the downstairs toilet. The flange was cast iron and was rusted...
  14. bradah

Long....and level

I was looking to install my second Drake upstairs and started by looking at the plumbing from the toilet down to the basement. This is what I found. Above this and to the right (maybe 18 inches up) is the toilet. The flush water flows down, left, and then down this long run. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks