Search results

1. G

expansion tank - diaphragm or bladder?

I just noticed that the 6 month old expansion tank in my system is heavily corroded around the inlet. Looks like the connector is made of steel, and not stainless or brass. So I figured I'd replace it, since they're relatively inexpensive. It's an "American Water Heaters" AET-5 (5 gallon)...
  2. G

high flow rate pressure regulator?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll try exchanging the valve (it was brand new) for another 3/4", and if that doesn't work, try a 1". Does the water meter at the street also have a pressure regulator? If so, I wonder if I can increase the pressure there, so as to achieve a large...
  3. G

It's definitely not thermal expansion - I see the pressure increase even when there's no demand for hot water, and the heater is an on demand type. As for putting the prvs in series, to minimize the pressure drop across them, I think that's exactly the wrong idea, as the flow rate is...
  4. G

I'm seeing the low flow rate not on the radiant floor circuit, but on the flow coming out of the taps. In fact, the radiant floor isn't even active right now, as the temps are pretty moderate here. I only installed the prv recently, and noticed an immediate drop in the flow rate. There's also...
  5. G

It's an open system. The plumbing layout looks something like this: http://www.radiantcompany.com/images/muni.gif I've put the PRV on the cold water line that feeds the house, since 55 to 60 psi is fine for all my needs. The radiant floor section has an expansion tank, and extra pressure...
  6. G

My water line pressure is about 65 psi, but I need to bring it down to 55-60 psi, so as not to stress the pex tubing in my radiant floors. I installed a Cash Acme EB86U (3/4") pressure regulator, but noticed two problems: the downstream pressure will creep back up to the inlet pressure after a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks