Search results

1. jakkwylde

Ways to support a pipe 2 feet or so off of wall?

cpvc pipe mostly what i'm asking about. it comes out about two and one half feet before running down to the tank about four feet. it had to come out so far because of some shady work by the culligan man :(
  2. jakkwylde

Ways to support a pipe 2 feet or so off of wall?

Looking for suggestions on ways that I could support a supply pipe that's about 2 feet off of my basement wall (and 4 feet high) going into my pressure tank for movement. I put some split ring clamps with regular threaded rod over the 3/4" pipe and helped but there is still a little bit of...
  3. jakkwylde

Are Female PVC Adapters/Couplings Junk?

terry, why would they turn it down?
  4. jakkwylde

gary - this was installed by a local plumber. i understand it likely isn't really pretty, but after the original female adapter (now brass) split I was paranoid about something breaking again and was looking to see if this was more reliable.
  5. jakkwylde

thanks, sounds like i'm in better shape and this should be solid. after having water flooding my basement i just want to make sure it doesn't happen again and this should be reliable!
  6. jakkwylde

when the adapters split, is it common for them to split the pipe too, that's what happened in my case
  7. jakkwylde

Are Female PVC Adapters/Couplings Junk? (contains pictures) Just looking for feedback on your experience with female pvc adapters and if they are typically not reliable. I had one split and bust on me last week that was threaded over my backflow preventer and hooked to a 1" pvc pipe from...
  8. jakkwylde

Pipe movement between well pipe and pressure tank?

99K, thanks for your input. I can rest better now knowing that I have a better setup. Out of curiousity, does it hurt anything having the additional check valve at the wall?
  9. jakkwylde

sorry, forgot to pose again do you think the split clamps will help with the movement or should I try another tactic in the interim?
  10. jakkwylde

there are actually two backflows, one really old one near the wall in my sketch and one coming off the t for the pressure tank. all i got was new pipe as in my picture and a new larger tank for the price. it was an emergency weekend repair which caused it to be a little higher but i feel...
  11. jakkwylde

sorry, forgot my attachment last time, here it is
  12. jakkwylde

Thanks for the response, a few more questions: 1. I was thinking about installing a few split ring hangers with 3/8" threaded rod to shore up the run that's about 30" away from my wall. Do you see any issues with doing this and would you imagine it would help? When it kicks off, you can see...
  13. jakkwylde

Hello, I've read these forums quite a bit in the past and finally wanted to pose a question to all the experts out there... I recently had my pressure tank replaced in addition to the pipe that runs from where the well pipe comes into my house to it (around $1400 of work). The plumber that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks