Search results

1. H

Flange and seal questions....

O.K. so I will plan to silicone one 1/4" spacer onto the flange so as to bring the flange above the level of my finished floor rather than flush. I will then use a standard plain wax seal, with no plastic "funnel" on it. After seating the toilet and bolting it down I will leave it for 24hrs...
  2. H

Flange and seal questions....

I have a waxless foam seal to install. I have never used it. The kit was one that is sold with a 3/8" spacer, a 1/4" foam gasket and the 3/4" foam seal. It was suggested to be used when doing a new tile floor remodel. The top of my closet flange is flush with the tile floor. Do I need to...
  3. H

Drywall on Tub

Thanks a lot for your help. I obviously know little about bathrooms!! This is a drop in tub. We are planning on selling the house. I want to do a good job of it so that the next owner is not faced with the same problem as we are. The past owner did some really questionable work! The tub is...
  4. H

Drywall on Tub

I will use some type of cement board instead then. I will have to check to see what products are available locally. My tub is smooth across the top and just curves straight down at the outer edges. Should I use a tile flange here?
  5. H

Drywall on Tub

Yes i was planning on using greenboard around the tub area, priming it, and then installing the tub surround. I was just wondering is j bead is needed on the bottom edge of the drywall the is going to rest on the top of the tub edge.
  6. H

Drywall on Tub

Hello, Thanks for providing a great source of information exchange for all of our remodeling needs! I am just about to put new green board around my bathtub area. I will be putting in a 5pc surround followning that. The bathtube that is installed in my house is slightly wider than the width...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks