Search results

1. bluinc

Is it possible?

In my rental house my tenant says they came home and a few minutes later heard water spraying upstairs they quickly shut off the water at the main then went upstairs and said they found underneath the sink the brass tubing inside the faucet had sheared and water was spraying inside the cabinet...
  2. bluinc

I hope Septic questions are OK...in a bit of an emergency! Help.

I have a 1977 era septic system out here in Edgewater MD. In the backyard is a concrete cylinder with a notch at the top, with a concrete round lid set on top. Coming out of that cylinder notch are TWO electrical plugs with a strange configuration: One of the plugs, the white one is a standard 3...
  3. bluinc

Well GPM?

How do you find out how many Gallons Per Minute a well puts out? I just turned on my water at the "T" on the bladder tank, waited for the tank to empty so that it was just the pump pumping out the water, and It flows at 4 gallons per minute. (filling a 5 gallon bucket while counting 60 seconds)...
  4. bluinc

4 gpm well, 12ppm rust, can this water be cured without uping the gpm?

Hi all, With the bladder tank emptied at showing 0 psi, and thus taking a sample from the 3/4" valve at the bladder tank "T" directly from the well with the pump on, I can fill a 4 gallon bucket in a minute. I can do this consistently for what seems like unlimited buckets (I did 12, 5 gallon...
  5. bluinc

Splitting a basement bathroom into two. Part 1) plumbing the second toilet

Hi all, I am going to split a ~7x11 basement bathroom into a full bath (bathtub, toilet and sink) and half bath (toilet and sink). The House was built in 1977 and is in Anne Arrundel County in Maryland. Regarding just the drainage portion, how do I relocate the original toilet and add a second...
  6. bluinc

Fleck 9100 Metered Twin Tank Water Softener - 24,000 Grain

I bought a system (Fleck 9100 Twin Tank Water Softener - 24000 grain - you can see a sample pic of exactly the same system as what I have here >> http://www.puritecwatersofteners.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=12 ) from a guy named Art who works for local distributor (www.watercheck.net)...
  7. bluinc

Well Pump Switch - basic operation principles

Hey guys, Clearly I need teaching on the basic operation principles of a Well Pump Switch. I just bought this house yesterday (a repo). I removed this very old water conditioner to get at alot of mold growing in the corner of the watercloset pictured below. Moldy drywall and furring strips are...
  8. bluinc

Old School Culligan Softener Rebuild...

Buying a house (havent closed yet) and it has a large but what looks to be pretty old culligan water softener. Not even sure if it works. Never a big fan of throwing stuff away...what's everyone's general consensus...lets assume all the parts are broken...would a rebuild be worth it? I am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks