Search results

1. davidwie

Is high efficiency boiler worth extra $4,000?

Friend building a new house (around 6,000 sqft). He is deciding between standard 85% efficiency boiler vs. the 95% high efficiency. Upcharge is about $4,000. Doing radiant in some of the house and then whole house is hydrocoil. Contract calls for 2 boilers, 180,000 BTUs each. That's the 85%...
  2. davidwie

Flickering lights on circuit with low voltage and line voltage bulbs

Hoping someone can give me some ideas on a flickering light situation. Here is the background: * On a single circuit I have 6 low voltage lights and 6 line voltage high hats. They are all controlled by 4 switches, 1 of which is a dimmer. When first installed 5 years ago, it worked fine with...
  3. davidwie

How to increase geothermal water temperature in bath

I have a geothermal system for my heating, air, and hot water. The hot water temperature can only be brought up to 115 degrees F which is not hot enough for the wife to take a bath. I am building a new master bath with a jacuzzi tub and am looking for ideas on how to increase the water...
  4. davidwie

Enough water pressure?

I have a 1/2 copper hot and cold water supply line to my shower where I want to install two shower heads. One head is a standard and the other head has 4 jets (http://www.moen.com/kingsley/chrome-moentrol-r-vertical-spa/_/R-CONSUMER:263). The jets take a 1/2 copper line. Will I have enough...
  5. davidwie

Venting a shower

Looking for some advice on venting a shower. In photo "IMG00009.jpg" you will see the horizontal drain line. The right vertical line is the vent stack. The left vertical is the drain for the sink. Is the shower already vented according to plumbing code or do I need to attach a vent closer to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks