Search results

1. K

Heat trap on hot/cold lines?

What does a heat trap look like on a water heater? Is it something that can be replaced easily? Signs of a broken heat trap? Thanks
  2. K

3/4" by 3/4" brass check valve?

Heat trap I have no trouble showing my ignorance in admitting I don't know what a heat trap is, looks like, or how you check/replace one. Is it part of the water heater or part of the hot/cold water lines attached to the water heater? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Ken Reed
  3. K

Why I wanted to know Thanks for the responses. My 50 gallon gas Richmond water heater is making a clicking noise lasting 1-2 seconds every time the hot water is run. The noise is coming from the area of the brass nipple on the hot water side. I was told it was probably the check valve. Looks...
  4. K

Is there such a thing as a 3/4" by 3/4" brass check valve for water heaters? My current setup has brass nipples going into the water heater and I don't know if they're check valves or not. Should I just disconnect the hot water line and use a screwdriver to see if there's a check valve in the...
  5. K

Clicking noise from water heater(sorry, long post)

I noticed a clicking noise coming from my water heater (50 gallon gas Richmond) near the hot water nipple when I turned on any hot water in the house. I heard click/click/click/click pause click. The sound lasted between 1-2 seconds. The noise only happened immediately after the hot water is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks