Search results

1. Scott D. Plumber

Noritz tankless water heater - installed correctly???

I see this is a pretty old post. I hope the HO has got this corrected and I see Dana hit all the points I did long before I showed up. If AMY is the HO, she should call the local plumbing and gas inspector and report this idiot. I'm saving disaster pics into a file I have on bad installs. YIKES!
  2. Scott D. Plumber

Noritz tankless water heater - installed correctly???

If I had seen this DANGEROUS and ameture installation I would have taken it out of service imediantely. Did you even bother to read the instructions? You are going to kill someone one day. This is positive pressure vented product installed with single wall galve vent and you didn't even try...
  3. Scott D. Plumber

Is Rinnai Worth the Premium?

I think they are. Rinnai and Noritz are the top of the food chain. Either of these are gerat choices. However Rinnai has a better dealer network in place including Autthorized Service Providers than Noritz, at least in most of the country from what I can tell. Also Rinnai now had a 5 year...
  4. Scott D. Plumber

Electric vs. Gas tankless water heater

If you have the gas supply for it, go gas. Google Tankless 101 for a ton of info on these things and please consider purchasing from a Local dealer familiar with these machines and have them do the installation. I see a lot of bad DIY installations and also bad jobs from other contractors who...
  5. Scott D. Plumber

Tankless Water Heater white powder build up

Not from supply water on the fire side of the unit. In most cases when this is happening you have either a venting problem causing condensate in the HX or you have some kind of sustained low fire issue doing the same thing. THe powder is VERY caustic and is ACIDIC as heck. If you ever blow...
  6. Scott D. Plumber

Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Follow up on the Hydrocare I would agree with this statement. It's been a while since I've visted this forum. More just busy than anything. As a complete follow up to my dealings with this company I thought I would share a bit more since it has been quite a while since this first got...
  7. Scott D. Plumber

Super Green Nano Tech Tankless Hot Water Generators

Another electric tankless... I hope they use one of these (as required by code of course)... www.thewallsaver.com
  8. Scott D. Plumber

Price "guess" Tankless Water Heater/10 Gallon storage and existing recirc pump

First, in new construction I submit that the instalation of a Tankless v/s tank is quite similar in actual "work" Not to mention that a tankless is a heck of a lot easier to carry into the house second, 3K is a great price for my area for new construction. I'd take that every day and be...
  9. Scott D. Plumber

Ever heard of "State" brand tankless W.H.?

The Rinnai "Generic" state heater is/was just that...a Generic Rinnai. You don't get any support from Rinnai on it, only from state for what that is worth adn they are tank people there. Now The Rinnai/State relationship is over and State has bought Takagi USA. It will be interesteing to...
  10. Scott D. Plumber

Good/Best tankless heater valve kit

Personal opinion: 1. Webstones current kit is junk. Valves are always stuck and they tend to leak in weird places. THe unions also can be problematic. I no longer use them. 2. Simbario is a good kit but can have the same problem with the tiny handles sticking, like all the others with small...
  11. Scott D. Plumber

Takagi Jr. Error code 12

Check your gas supply. Have you been paying your bills? Did you let the LP run out?
  12. Scott D. Plumber

Price "guess" Tankless Water Heater/10 Gallon storage and existing recirc pump

Funny how a lot of guys who would do a Power vent 75 gallon tank for $2500 all of sudden want $5K for a tankless ...that cost less. Anyway, Here is what I would look into and my opinion on your house. First, you don't really need a 10 gallon tank. A 5gal would work fine. I know, I have the...
  13. Scott D. Plumber

Right way to plumb tankless w/h?

Find an instalation class in your your area for Noritz or Rinnai. They are usually free and are just what you need.
  14. Scott D. Plumber

Electric Tankless Help!

Call Ed Clark at Tankless Concepts. He's in FAirfax. If there is a tankless way, he'll be able to get it done. I doubt electric will work for you. It never hurts to get an opinion from someone in the Biz. He will give you a free estimate one way or the other. If you can somehow get gas...
  15. Scott D. Plumber

Rannai pressure release valve leaking

I agree with Dana. Check your pressure first, If in the normal range of 40-60PSI get a new PRV.
  16. Scott D. Plumber

LPG Tankless Heater Question. Want to go tankless but not sure it's feasible. Help

I'm with you on all of that. ONe clarification for anyone who reads this and wants to compare electric costs against, this or that other system. To calcualte your ACTUAL cost of electricity, you take the bottom line cost of your bill and divide by your kw usage! Ignore the "per KWh" cost...
  17. Scott D. Plumber

Breadbox + tankless

If you are trying to go solar, there are many good solar systems out there that have electric elements as a back up, and even ones with gas burners for back up. Jomar has a good one. I'm a Tankless guy, prefering Rinnai and Noritz. However, I can see in some places and situations where a...
  18. Scott D. Plumber

LPG Tankless Heater Question. Want to go tankless but not sure it's feasible. Help

I have to tell you, I am very interested in the DWHR units. I have known about them for some time but never actually given them a lot of thought. THey are not in common use here. In my mind, I would think that you get a huge advantage using them on any hot water system, tankless incuded. In...
  19. Scott D. Plumber

using tankless water heater with dishwasher and clothes washer

Give Noritz a call monday to help you find Advanced. A dedicated line may or may not be required. Depends on what else is one the line, length of run, pressure etc. Normally around here a dedicated line on a retrofit is a "given".
  20. Scott D. Plumber

Yep, I'm with you on pretty much all of this however Energy savings is only one part of the puzzle. At twice the life expectancy, cost of overall ownership goes way down when factoring in replacement tank costs. Maintenance is almost nill with a good brand tankless unless you have VERY hard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks