Search results

1. crittercatcher

Pump is short cycling.....Very short!!

Clarification I don't think I explained what I did very well. Sorry for that. 1. Turned off power to pump 2. Opened adjacent faucet to drain water from tank 3. Adjusted pressure in tank to 62psi 4. Closed faucet and turned power back on 5. Waited 40 minutes 6. Repeated steps 1. &...
  2. crittercatcher

Update cut on pressure= 65 cut off pressure= 85 I adjusted the tank pressure to 62, turned power back on and waited about 40 minutes. I went back out and checked the tank pressure to see if it was leaking down and it was still approximately 60-62 psi. I still had the faucet near the pump...
  3. crittercatcher

I used a screwdriver to open the valve stem on top of the tank (its a small 2 gallon affair) and I did get a small spray of water and then just air. However, when I checked the water flow at the adjacent faucet,....no more short cycling! Is this a temporary reprieve?
  4. crittercatcher

Thanks Cass. I will check that ASAP and let you know what I find out.
  5. crittercatcher

I did not visually inspect the nipple, but a good stream of water was coming out of it while I was attempting to get the new pressure switch on so I assume it is free and clear. How can I check to see if the problem is a ruptured bladder?
  6. crittercatcher

Problem: pump is kicking on & off as fast as you can snap your fingers (faster than I can before my morning coffee). I replaced pressure switch & it didn't fix the problem. Background: I've lived in this house for 7 years without ever experiencing this problem. The problem appeared all at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks