Search results

1. Eweneek1

How to vent kitchen sink in front of window.

Want to move kitchen sink in front of exterior window. Need suggestions on how to vent. Exterior wall is full dimension redwood studs. Problem is there a 4" x 12"beam under the wall. Possible to drain straight down through the floor under the sink. Could go horizontal outside the wall a...
  2. Eweneek1

Schedule 80 Pipe in place of Cast Iron

Need to replace move drain stack between first floor and second floor. Current cast iron stack is probably about 70 years old. Can't save the stack most likely and I want to keep the sound transmission low. Could I use 4" schedule 80 pipe instead of replacing with no hub cast iron?
  3. Eweneek1

New Reliance NG Water Heater Not Working

Purchased a Reliance water heater model 6-40-NOCT 400 on 9/13/22. Installed without any problems in a rental unit for a single mom. However, the heater does not work. Problem is the pilot light will light and stay lit, but the gas valve status light never blinks no matter how long you hold...
  4. Eweneek1

Load Center Outgoing Wiring

Installing new Loadcenter with a 24" 2 1/2" PVC pipe going to a 2 1/2" Conduit body. How many circuit wires are allowed inside the pipe? Have 3 15 amp circuits and 20 20 amp circuits outgoing.
  5. Eweneek1

Full port hose bibbs with flange, lead free

Need to replace one 3/4' hose bibb and add three more. Would like them to be as close to full port as possible with preferably a ball valve and flange. Could be wall hydrant, but doesn't freeze here in Eureka Ca. Lines feeding hose bibbs are 3/4" copper. Does a smaller 5/16" hose bibb...
  6. Eweneek1

Hose Bibb Flange

Looking for 3/4" hose bibb flanges. Have one 3/4" flange now. It has 3 /4" sweat copper pipe on the interior side of the flange and 3/4" pipe threads on the side facing the exterior. Can not find anything in my search. Any ideas on where I might find this type flange or something similar?
  7. Eweneek1

Plumbing Sink & Toilet

Running new hot and cold copper lines to bathroom toilet and sink. Need to know if there is a preference to using either a drop ear elbow or stub out prior to bare walls being sheet rocked. Lines are 1/2" copper and using Viega Propress fittings. I think the drop ear would be more secure, but...
  8. Eweneek1

HVAC Elbows and Wyes

Resizing and rerouting original duct work to conform with new Manual D schematic. All duct work is 26 gauge round metal. My questions are for the left branch run going to the kitchen and Dining. I increased the size of the 8" pipe to 10" from the plenum to the kitchen. Here are a couple photos...
  9. Eweneek1

Elbows and Splitter Wyes

Resizing and rerouting original duct work to conform with new Manual D schematic. All duct work is 26 gauge round metal. My questions are for the left branch run going to the kitchen and Dining. Can a Wye be mounted to the plenum 10" takeoff? Can a Wye be adjacent to an elbow, or do they need...
  10. Eweneek1

HVAC return air duct

Does it matter if the return air duct has a 90 elbow right off the plenum, and should I use a wye or tee to split the line?
  11. Eweneek1

MANUAL D Duct Design Questions

Have a question on my Manual D Duct design concerning the 10" branch line on the left side supplying the Kitchen, Mud Room, Dining room, and Bath. The area requires 362 CFM, but the 10" supply only can handle 325 CFM. What am I missing? Also the 8" supply after the elbow would only supply...
  12. Eweneek1

Connecting heater ducting together

Replacing a branch line in my forced air heating system due to the age and condition of pipe. Complete duct system is 26 gauge round metal. Bought new pipe and wyes and now putting it together. All the piping lengths have been snapped together. Having trouble with the pipe going into the...
  13. Eweneek1

Indoor or Outdoor Tankless Water Heater

Live in northern California on the coast. Can not decide if I should get a Rinnai indoor or outdoor tankless unit. Leaning toward the outdoor unit unless I could mount the indoor unit in my 5' high crawlspace. Calling the building department today. Replacing a 50 gallon 15 year old...
  14. Eweneek1

200 Amp Loadcenter Upgrade

Converting our two story residence with four studio apartments to a single residence. Square footage is 3700. Current exterior setup is 200 amps feeding five meters with BR style breakers. One panel is 100 amp and the other four are 20 amp. Considering a combo unit, but takes up a lot of...
  15. Eweneek1

Repipe sewer line

The cast iron sewer pipes in our 1888 home have rusted out and are leaking in several places. Want to replace the main 4" sewer pipe and branches in the crawlspace. Will probably leave the 4" CI stack going to the second floor for now. Local code allows the use of ABS and PVC. Have heard...
  16. Eweneek1

Hot PVC Glue

Every time I use the purple primer it runs and makes a mess. Replacing an ABS drain line from the toilet with PVC and then connecting to CI. Instead of the purple primer and clear glue, can I substitute with Hot PVC glue which has the primer and glue combined? Or, is this type glue only used...
  17. Eweneek1

Replacement For Main Line From Meter

There is a pinhole leak in my 1" main line coming from water meter to house. It looks like it is 1" rigid copper pipe and about 25' in length and about a 1' deep prior to entering home. It was installed about 8 years ago by a plumber. What type material would be a good replacement? Is this...
  18. Eweneek1

Suggestions for small lawn strip irrigation

Have a lawn strip separated by a five foot cement walkway. The width is 5 feet, and the length on the left side of walkway is 15 feet, and the right side 20 feet. So the lawn area is 5 feet by 35 feet. Have dug a trench in the center the complete length and under walkway. So the trench is about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks