Search results

1. Doherty Plumbing

Have you seen this type of pipe before!?

Hey guys, I was called out to a house to add a zone off the boiler loop for a new bedroom. At first glance I thought I was dealing with copper. As soon as I started to shine up the "copper" so I could cut it and solder on a new fitting I noticed that the "copper" was shining up silver! I asked...
  2. Doherty Plumbing

Bit of an electrical Gremlin on an older boiler system.

Hey guys I got called out to a boiler today that wasn't working properly. So I get there and see it's an older (~13yrs) Weil McLean with what is basically a fan-control relay controlling it. (The standard ones with RWYGC). Anyway the thing was basically an electrical nightmare looking like...
  3. Doherty Plumbing

Canadian Code FAQs

Here is a list of some FAQ questions regarding the National Plumbing Code of Canada: Potable Water Does my house require a thermal expansion tank? Probably. If you have a check valve, PRV, or backflow preventer on your system you are required to have an expansion tank. What is the highest PSI...
  4. Doherty Plumbing

Thanks Terry

Thanks for adding this section to your site!
  5. Doherty Plumbing

Hydronic Heating question... need answer fairly soon.

Hey guys, I am installing an in slab radiant system for a winery. The area of the room being heated is about 1600 sq feet. Because of the size of the area I am using 3/4" pex to reduce the # of zones needed. However I am curious as to how far apart you would space the loops? I am thinking...
  6. Doherty Plumbing

Anyone ever seen a......

Hey guys, Have any of you ever seen a gas HWT installed in a crawl space? A customer wants to move his furnace and gas hot water tank to his crawl space. The furnace shouldn't be a problem but I would really like to find a gas HWT that is meant to be installed on it's side! I only have 52"...
  7. Doherty Plumbing

What size of HWTs???

Hey guys. I am looking for a couple of outside opinions on what size/kW rating for a motel I am doing a job at. The hotel room has 20 rooms. What would you recommend? I was thinking maybe 2 John Wood 50 gallon tanks with 27kW inputs... what do you all think?
  8. Doherty Plumbing

A few questions about pumps/pressure tanks

Hey guys. I have 1.5" coming out of the pump feeding 20 hotel rooms. However immediately out of the pump the piping reduces and the WHOLE building is feed off 3/4" copper. So I have an idea and I want to run it past you experts. I want to divide the building in 2 parts. One part will be...
  9. Doherty Plumbing

Customers water smells and I have a analysis report, now what!?

Hello everyone, I got a call from a client a while back telling me that his domestic water smelled like rotten eggs. He is on a well system and I was at that time not 100% sure what the problem was but I was pretty sure a carbon filter was the answer. So I did some research and even started a...
  10. Doherty Plumbing

Water Smells like Sulpher

Hey guys, First off I would like to say I am a journeyman plumber so I am not new to this game but I must admit water quality is not one of my strong points! So here I am! I got called to this motel today because their well water smells like sulpher. Right away I knew that a carbon filter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks