Search results

1. BRD

Can't manually turn valve on anymore

That is an electric anti siphon valve. Not familiar with that brand. They look pretty old. Anyway, the gray ring just under the black part with the wires (solenoid), does that turn? If it does rotate it counter clockwise. If not, and you have loosened the solenoid sufficiently without...
  2. BRD

Are you getting water to spirt out when you twist open the valve solenoiid? If not open it until it does. It is necessary to relief the water pressure at the top of the valve diaphragm in order for the valve to open. This is part of the hydraulics of its operation. I just wanted to be sure you...
  3. BRD

Rain Bird ESP-Me - cyclic program will not start at programmed time

It sounds like a programming error. Do you still have it set for every third day? If so it may just be reseting itself when you put it to 0. I dont think it will come on with a "0" setting. Give it a "1" setting and it will come on the next day. If that works then just reset it for every third...
  4. BRD

Once you open the bleeder screw on top of the valve or turn the solenoid open enough that water begins to spirt , the valve should open. are you sure that the main shut off valve that provides water to the valve is OPEN. Irrigation valves are electrically actuated but hydraulically operated...
  5. BRD

Mounting RPZA to deck joist

You can do as you have stated as long as the appearance is not objectionable to you and it is mounted so that it can be tested. Be aware that the pressure loss through a RP assy (3/4-1") is approx. 12psi. You will have to factor this into your hydraulics when you design the system. A pressure...
  6. BRD

Issue with Rain Bird ESP-me controller

You have probably confused run times with start times. For prog. A, set each individual station with the run time you want for each (5min.) Then go to program start times and assign just ONE start time. Each zone will run in sequence one right after the other until done. Start time 2 and 3...
  7. BRD

pump start relay bad? (hunter sprinklers)

It could also be a simple matter of the rain sensor having you shut down. Do you have a sensor and did it rain?
  8. BRD

One jar-top valve just WON'T work!

If you have ruled out any electrical problems and have replaced all the parts you have stated, then you are correct thinking the water exhaust passageway is blocked. Take a small piece of 18 guage irrigation wire and push down through the passage way. You should be able to move it freely. Even a...
  9. BRD

combining lines with a "T"? (goal post)

Save yourself a lot of work. Just combine the wires from the two zones and attach them to the same zone terminal on the control box. It will do the same thing as combining them in the field. I will assume at this point that your controller can handle two valves at a time. Most controller today can.
  10. BRD

Need help identifying the brand and model number of valve

Looks like a Toro model 264 series valve. Valve is still available. My experience with them is that they are very reliable.
  11. BRD

Could a valve replacement cause other valves to break?

Not sure what you meant when you said "all three lawn sprinkler valves broke". Changing a valve assembly should not have an affect on other valves within the system. The static pressure within the system would not change.Not sure whats going on there, need more info.
  12. BRD

Exposed rotor head pictures

First thing to do is is to cap the fitting so dirt does not enter. The fitting appears to be connected to swing pipe which is very flexable. Dig back and expose the swing pipe for about 12" or so. this will give you room to lower the head a couple of inches. If the swing pipe is short where you...
  13. BRD

PVB leaking slowly

Two things it can be. THe poppet assy within the housing has a cracked or damaged seal or you may have a bad "o" ring under the bonnet assy. Both easy to fix. Shut off lower shut off valve. open test ports to relief any pressure inside of the unit. The poppet should drop down. Then unscrew the...
  14. BRD

Problems With In-Ground Sprinkler System -- First Time Use

Most of these rain sensors have have what they call hygroscopic discs, which when they absorb rain water will expand slightly. In a "normally closed" switch, which I believe most sensors are, these discs expand and in doing do they open a switch and break (disconnect) the sprinkler system...
  15. BRD

Problems With In-Ground Sprinkler System -- First Time Use

HAve you had any rain since last using the system?. It could be that your rain sensor, if you have one, has you shut down. Look at that first. Most newer controllers have separate terminals in the wiring compartment just for the sensor. They also have bypass switches. The reason I say this is I...
  16. BRD

Sprinkler wiring?

If you have access to a ohm meter you can check the resistance through each of the wires. You know the solenoid is good because it worked with one of the known good wires. Depending on your meter, if you get a reading that says open line(OL), infinity, or a number with a "k" or "m" such as 256k...
  17. BRD

Leaking sprinkler heads

The valve that supplies water to those two heads is probably stuck open. It may be something lodged between the diaphragm and seat, or maybe a worn or pitted diaphragm seat. A tiny leak at the valve diaphragm will cause water to dribble from the top of a head, usually most notable at the lowest...
  18. BRD

Help, automatic sprinkler valve not working correctly

If you have juice to the valve then,As suggested, either the solenoid is stuck closed, diaphragm is bad, and not opening up all the way or you may have a partially clogged exhaust port, which is located directly under the solenoid plunger. You can check it by removing the solenoid then slip a 18...
  19. BRD

How to turn on sprinkler pump? (novice=may be an easy answer!)

Be sure to check inside the wiring compartment of the controller to be sure the pump relay switch wire is connected to the "pump" terminal. sometimes this wire is disconnected during shutdown so the pump won't come on during a winterization process.
  20. BRD

Irrigation backflow

Sorry, I was not real clear on my post. Yes, Fireguy is correct that the replacement ball shut off should be the manufacturers brand. It could otherwise fail any inspection/test.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks