Search results

1. A

gavanized nub too long/short

Thanks, Jim, it's not too late to go with brass, which is what I'll do. Areselle
  2. A

gavanized nub too long/short

Hi --I'm installing a Kohler shower fixture, and they say it has to have a 3/4" nub beyond the finished surface. With a 4-1/'2" nub it sticks out about 1-1/16" (I've really cranked it in as far as I can). With a 4" nub it in principle will be just over 1/2". Is it possible to cut galvanized...
  3. A

sweating theory

Mario -- I actually considered the joint in the middle, but gave up out of frustration. The steam thing I missed completely. Thanks! Just a small piece of pex. The rest made it to copper.
  4. A

sweating theory

Ahhh! I get it! Thanks, Jim. :)
  5. A

sweating theory

Jim -- do you mean that the steam could melt the solder, or the pressure mechanically break the seal? Kingsotall -- Yes, I got it done, and it's withstood an upgrade to from 50 to 90 lbs pressure with a city line change, and holding. BUT, I feel like I copped out using Sharkbite fittings and...
  6. A

sweating theory

Hi -- I've been sweating in a copper shower, and have done pretty well with everything, except for the 6" 1/2" pipe between the mixer and transfer valves. On my first try, I must not have doped the pipe well enough, or screwed it in tight enough, but it leaked a little bit. But both solder...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks