Search results

1. Paulsiu

Sump pump working just not very hard

I purchased a Liberty 287 2 years ago. It seems to work great, but today I notice that it wasn't pumping as much water as it should. In fact, it's pumping less water than the backup sump pump at 1/2 the capacity. What do you think is wrong? The backup used the same pump for discharge, so it's...
  2. Paulsiu

Gutter guard and heavy rain

Because there are a lot of trees in my yard, In certain parts of the year, I am constantly trying to clean out the gutters, otherwise my gutter fills up and water starts pouring out the side of the gutter. This eventually cause the sump pump to run continuously if the gutters are clogged. Worse...
  3. Paulsiu

Anyone using the Basement Watchdog Big Dog?

Here's the info I got, one of the link is already on the first post: Youtube Video testing the pumping: Sumpdata, which no longer appear to exists, indicated that Zoeller tend to be accurate with their ratings. As a control, I tried a similar test on my current setup where I dumped measure...
  4. Paulsiu

Anyone have experience with SumPro?

I checked with my neighbors and what they use for sump pump backup and most of them have SumPros. I was wondering what your experience with Sumpro? 1. If you own one, what's your opinion of the product? 2. The unit I am looking at SumPro 100 has a 1800 watt. What's the runtime if pair with...
  5. Paulsiu

After further research, I found two different source that indicate the Big Dog pumps at half of the rated capacity. Since this is actually only 1 gpm higher than the Zoeller 507, it's not worth replacing the Zoeller with the big dog. Paul
  6. Paulsiu

Doing a search on the forum, I notice several people recommended the Basement Watchdog Big Dog. When I look at the unit online, the review are mixed. I am most concern with the following youtube video: It indicated that the Big Dog only pumped out 16 gpm with a 10 feet head, which is 1/2 the...
  7. Paulsiu

Replacing a backup Zoeller 507 with something higher in capacity?

Thank you for your help. It's hard to determine if I have a drainage issue. From what I can determine, regular rain will cause the system to triggered a day. Heavy rain will cause it to trigger during the rain storm. The biggest problem comes when the rain gutter is clog and the rain comes over...
  8. Paulsiu

Replacing a backup Zoeller 507 with something higher in capacity?

I currently have a Zoellar 507 as a backup. It's spec to run at 15 gpm at 10 feet. This apparently is too anemic since there's been several close calls with the main pump which has a higher capacity. Base on some searches on this forum, there's a lot of people who like the Basement watchdog Big...
  9. Paulsiu

Replacing a Hydromatic DA-1 10 with a Zoeller M98 or Liberty 287

Based on some of the input from another post, I am thinking that I really need to upgrade the primary and probably the battery backup unit. I should concentrate on the primary first. How difficult would it be to swap out a DA-1 and replace it with a Zoeller M98 or Liberty 287. What gotha's...
  10. Paulsiu

Diagnosing sump pump and drainage issue

Thanks for replying, can you please elaborate. When the rain gutter isn't clog, the sump pump doesn't work very hard even with heavy rain. When the rain gutters are clogged, the rain goes over the side of the gutter and pool around the house. It is a lot of water, it's like a sheet of water...
  11. Paulsiu

OK, I thought Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life. was the correct forum to post to? Paul
  12. Paulsiu

In the 8 years I lived in the house, the sump pump has failed to keep up 3 times. The issue tends to occur during times of heavy rain where I have notice that water coming in as faster than what the pump can pump out. The pump would run continuously as the pool slowly fills up. This only seems...
  13. Paulsiu

Replacing my sump pumps before it breaks

I currently have a Hydromatic DA-1 with a watchdog as backup. It works, but one year there was a freak rainstorm that dump a record amount of water in an hour and the pump was unable to keep up. The area has a lot of tree, so I am constantly cleaning the gutter out, but sometimes I failed to...
  14. Paulsiu

Help with garbage disposal replacement

While it's true that Batch Feed is just a continuous feed with a switch, there's no easy way to modify a continuous to become a batch feed. I eventually hire a plumber who installed an Insinkerator Evolution selecthe disposal had the same 6 inch drop so we didn't have to worry about the outlet...
  15. Paulsiu

Thanks Terry, Batch feel just mean that the garbage disposal won't work unless you close the cap on the sink, thus you have to run the disposal in batches. There are not too many batch feed. One of them isI the Insinkerator cover control. The reason to use this is safety. I have kids and don't...
  16. Paulsiu

Hi, My garbage disposal started developing tiny holes which started leaking. The disposal probably came with the house and is probably around 25 years old. I temporary plug the holes with putty while finding a replacement. One issue appears to be the tight fit. I notice several issues: 1...
  17. Paulsiu

Why did my basement flooded? What could I do to prevent this?

Recently, a really large storm hit Illinois. About 6.9 inch of rain fall in a day. There haven't been this much rain since the 1870's. . As a result, I got water seeping from the sump pump into the basement even when it's working. This has never happened before since the house was build in 92...
  18. Paulsiu

Bathtub overflow rusted away

In a house built about the 40's, the bathtub has an overflow plate with a center screw. The screw goes into a bar that runs across hole, but it's rusted completely away. I was wondering how this can be repair? I think the drain tube is still intact, but the gasket is not. Most of the plates...
  19. Paulsiu

Is a flexible water and gas line to a water heater ok in Illinois?

Hi I live in Itasca, IL a suburb west of Chicago. I attempt to look into the IL code, but could not find any reference to this. I have gas coming out of a black iron gas pipe and water coming out from copper pipe from the roof of the basement. My questions are: 1. Am I allow to hook up...
  20. Paulsiu

Newie's experience with replacing a water heater and some questions

Nope, the yellow hose that goes to the gas is a gas line and is connected to gas. I used it instead of trying to get the cast iron pipe to work. The stainless steel flexible hose is design to carry water. Drip pan have a little hole on the side, but what I purchase didn't fit into the hold...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks