Search results

1. northeastguy78

Indoor humidity level

I have read a lot about indoor humidity level. Some say it should be between 30~40%, others say 40~55%. I also understand it depends on the outside weather temp. For instance, if outside is 0 degrees, one should try to keep the indoor humidity level 30% at most. It is 10 degrees outside, then...
  2. northeastguy78

Fire rate in a furnace

I see. thanks!
  3. northeastguy78

Fire rate in a furnace

Oh I absolutely wouldn't try to adjust the flame level. I was curious after listen to the HVAC guy talking earlier today at work. I know my gas hot water tank, there is a lever at the bottom where I can adjust how warm I want my water coming out of the faucet. I can adjust betwen VACATION...
  4. northeastguy78

95% efficiency unit vs 80% efficiency unit

I see. perhaps the town home that I sold (95% efficiency) unit had warmer air coming out at the registry had to do with more heat energy gets into the house like the way yours work. Our current home ( A SINGLE HOUSE) gets luke warm air coming into our registry figured it's due to 80% efficiency...
  5. northeastguy78

Fire rate in a furnace

Just curious, was talking to a HVAC guy at work and he mentioned there is a way to make the flame higher in a gas furnace. When I heard this, I thought he was crazy. I had thought the gas burner were all firing at a steady rate and only the fan speed ajustment allows you to feel the...
  6. northeastguy78

yes, the 80% out puts temp at the register at 131, returns 72 when themostat is set at 74 (winter). The temp rise is 59, as this is when fan speed is set at med-low.
  7. northeastguy78

Hi folks, Just a general question for you. Is it true, that the 95% efficiency furnace will produce warmer heat coming out of the registery than a unit that only does 80% efficiency? In my previous home, I had a 95% efficiency unit installed and the air coming out of the registery was...
  8. northeastguy78

Sump pump in the winter help

Our laundry is on the second floor, so unfortunately I don't have the luxury to do so.
  9. northeastguy78

jadnashua, the fish tank is just an empty tank that collects the water from the humidifier hose. I think we have the same set up, it wets the filter pad, but whatever left goes to drain, which is directed tot he sump pit. (afraid of the water being frozen when discharged outside.) I...
  10. northeastguy78

Hi folks, This forum has always helped me with questions pertaining sump pump. I have a Zoller sump pump that works very well during the spring, summer and fall season. However, the winter is here and I would like some help about the water being discharged outside from the pump. I have a...
  11. northeastguy78

Furance fan speed on Lennox HELP

ok... so you guys recommend I keep the current setting? (red wire on heating) ? Again, my furnace unit 48C-110-3 calls for med-low (yellow) wire on the diagram but somehow when they built this house several years ago (I only moved in a year ago) wired it in low for heating. To switch...
  12. northeastguy78

Very well stated sir. I was just baffled how the diagram and the manual says Lennox furnace unit 48C-110-3 calls for the brown wire(med-high) and a RED wire (low) was plugged into heating. I moved into this house a year ago so I wasn't there when the unit was originally installed. So if I...
  13. northeastguy78

Hi folks, I have a dilemma here and wonder any experts out here can shed some lights. I have a 2003 Lennox Furnace (model 48C-115-3), it's a 4 ton unit that sizes roughly 2100 sq.ft. single zone. I have a 2 story home with a basement. The furnace is located in the basement (finished)...
  14. northeastguy78

Can an expert help?

Terry or any SUMP PUMP experts out there please help. I called several plumbers inquiring of replacing an old sump pump (7 years old) A few plumbers suggested the ZOELLERS brand. I want a backup system in case of power outage so I asked for the complete price with replacing main system...
  15. northeastguy78

Need help quick

Terry or any SUMP PUMP experts out there please help. I called several plumbers inquiring of replacing an old sump pump (7 years old) A few plumbers suggested the ZOELLERS brand. I want a backup system in case of power outage so I asked for the complete price with replacing main system...
  16. northeastguy78

Sump Pump Newbie

Hi folks, Just a quick general background of me. I am a new "single" home owner who recently purchased my first home with a finished basement. Coming from living in a condo on the 5th floor, having a basement and sump pump is totally new to me. Having that said, I have a few question I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks