Search results

1. Sirscottyog

Single Valve Tub Fauce Broken Stem Adventure

Got the rubber gasket out. Flushed the valve. Here are some pictures of the gouge... Not the best pics, but the best I could do.
  2. Sirscottyog

Well, upon further inspection, there is rubber sticking out of the hot and cold sides of the valve. Does this mean my valve is shot? I am not sure if the gskets came from the cartridge or inside the valve (pardon my ignorance). Also, I knicked the side of the inside of the valve with a...
  3. Sirscottyog

Starting drilling into the stem. I gradually increased drill bits until I got to one about as big as the stem. Suddenly the stem started spinning on with the drill. I switched to low speed and gentle started pulling and.... the MF'er is out! I am envisioning that is what labor is like but...
  4. Sirscottyog

I'm leaning toward drilling/tapping and bolting. I can grab the lip of the plastic and apply enough force to wiggle left/right and then try to pull. It isn't budging when I pull. If I wanted to put the clip in, I could. It isn't moving out at all. I'm afraid to keep pulling as I will just...
  5. Sirscottyog

Did some digging and I think I found the manual left from the previous owner. Moen model 82339 also has CT-580 on the top right corner of the manual.
  6. Sirscottyog

Generic advice is good! Does have anti-scald. Really do not want to replace the valve. Did I mention that? :D Got it to spin a bit after using wd-40. Looked around in the crawl space and found the part of the stem they broke sitting on a ledge. No markings for who made it. Pic attached.
  7. Sirscottyog

Hi there. In this economy, we are renting our former primary residence. Was in the middle of turning the home and noticed the tub fauce in one bathroom wasn't working. Upon investigation, the supply was off. When I turned it on, I saw why: the faucet was leaking. So I turned the water back off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks