Search results

1. Z

Flame too high...Thermocoupling? Thermostat?

Thanks Jimbo, "There should be NO GAS coming out of the thermmcouple connection." That is what I was wondering. It's odd that the way too high flame seemed to come out of nowhere. Just glad we were home and around the bathroom at the time it started acting up. It could have been much...
  2. Z

Yes I have the On/Pilot/Off knob on the thermostat set to OFF (and that's gonna be where it stays). This cottage was built by Grandpa in the Mid 50's. The only shut off for the gas (that I can find) is at the big LPG tank outdoors. Sorry to be a PITA but.... So if the Thermostat knob is set...
  3. Z

Yup, I'm not messing with it. But just out of curiosity... (if gas is not shut off to WH) should the thermocouple connection to the thermostat leak gas when being disconnected? No safety cut-off type thingy there? I'm just wondering. I think it's time for a new water heater...this one...
  4. Z

In our cottage that doesn't get too much use in the winter monthes our LPG 30gallon hot water heater (that has not been used constistently for about 2 years). Yesterday during a bath a persons eyes started to burn. Checked it out quick and the source was the paint/coating on the exterior of...
  5. Z

another Shallow (Point) Well - Jet Pump debacle

I'm confused speedbump...again. And HAPPY AS HECK!!!...so far. "I don't like any fittings in a suction line." I'm just going with one union and it is on the suction side. I'm using 1 1/4" threaded steel pipe all the way from the well to the pump (not counting the brass check valve). To...
  6. Z

Okie dokey...all righty. Question... To test the old jet pump pumping from a lake with just 1' of draw and it works... doesn't mean the pump works well enough to draw up from 20' - 30'? I pumped water from the lake yesterday and it worked pretty well. Just one prime and it was water the lawn...
  7. Z

Thanks speedbump... So far as you descirbe is just what I will try. The pump house is configured in such a way that I will need two elbows to get from the well to the pump and I do have a nearly new brass checkvalve in there too. Considering the well casing threads are so rusted I was going to...
  8. Z

A recap... hand driven well about 25' deep, 1 1/4" casing, done in the 1950's by Grandpa, in MI sandy soil. Plastic 3/4 drop tube and 1/2HP jet pump done around 1996. Last 3 seasons trouble priming, bad water pressure, pump kicks on often (airleak in 5gal. bladder tank now known). Recently...
  9. Z

Hello good people, First just want to say thanks, thanks, thanks. I have been reading this forum for just a week or so now and I'm amazed at all the great help you dole out to folks. I hope now ya'll can help me out too.... I just wish I came here about 2-3 years ago. Heres my/our...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks