Search results

1. N

Sharing my recent replacement project

Don't think the thought didn't cross my mind :-) . When looking down into it, you can see the layers of shale, where the washed out dirt just left the protruding rock behind. Kinda cool, but it'll be filled in for sure.
  2. N

Distance to stack

I know I'm digging up an older topic here, but is there a MINIMUM distance from the stack to the vent? For example, I want to put the stack and vent within the same 16" stud distance, but because of some other conditions, my vent pipe tee may only be 2-4" away from the sanitary tee that...
  3. N

PEX

I don't think this has been answered yet (but asked), what are the opinions of the PEX tubing (zurn) that the big box stores sell? Anyone have an opinion on Sharkbite fittings?
  4. N

Question on venting

What's going to be tricky is that both the drain and vent are coming up through the same 16" stud spacing, under a 8" floor. The vent is going to have to turn and go through a floor joist to continue up the 2nd floor wall to the attic. I'm sure I can get 6" more inches of pipe from the top of...
  5. N

Sharing my recent replacement project

Recently, I sawcut and dug up the floor to get in to replace some of the old clay piping with PVC, and to cut out some of the no-longer used piping. Like any project, especially with a house 100 years old, it's a can of worms. Here's a perfect example of what 60-70 years of a water leak under a...
  6. N

Question on venting

Ok, so here's what I derived from the responses. This would be correct then?
  7. N

Question on venting

I'm in Pennsylvania, Altoona to be exact, so we'd be under city codes. I'm assuming by up to the washing machine, you mean a 3" stack up to the 2" p-trap for the washer?
  8. N

Question on venting

Hi, I'd like to double check how my venting is for two fixtures. Please see the attached diagram for how I planned on the draining/venting of these two units. I was mainly wondering if I can use the 2" stack for these units as the vent, or if i have to have an additional vent before the p-trap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks