Search results

1. web_surfer

drain ?'s - proper use combos, etc

Was using current version from Wisconsin Commerce Department off their web site. First reference is correct. Second reference should be "82.30(8)(a)2" for 3" pipe. ("...(a)3" is correct if used 4" pipe) Third reference should be "82.31(13)(b)"
  2. web_surfer

Most of it, yes. That is why got permit & had it inspected - to make sure it was OK. A lot of good that did. As stated earlier, it was cut & installed in place before glued up, then had inspector come in - he said OK, so I glued the stuff up. Then he came & gave final OK. I even questioned...
  3. web_surfer

Thanks to all for the insight on my DWV problems. The two sink drain combos & basement tub/vent/heel inlet problem I can handle based on my research and your guidance in this post. My real question is the toilet santee fiasco. If I understand correctly it is recommended that the 2" PVC...
  4. web_surfer

The 3" PVC pipe is going to be in a finished wall. The clearance between horizontal drain pipe & soffit over tub is only ½" or so. Where is the wye to go? Any illustrations? I am still in disbelief that the inspector passed me, not once but twice. Now what, I do what is supposed to be done...
  5. web_surfer

Picture is what is to left. That is the 3" PVC pipe that connects to bend w/ heel inlet in basement. Only part of ceiling that is going to be dropped is the area directly over the tub.
  6. web_surfer

Terry, Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, you confirmed my gut feelings. I now wonder why the inspector passed these setups. He was here twice - once before everything was glued together. The city inspector is a Master Plumber and has been the inspector for years. Arrrrgh. The...
  7. web_surfer

After doing much reading on this board & others I have a gut feeling that some of the drain work done in my house is not correct. Bear in mind that the city plumbing inspector has been there twice & passed it as shown in pictures. 1st picture is in basement showing 90 bend with heel inlet -...
  8. web_surfer

grounding ?

Answer regarding grounding question no longer needed. After 5+ days and not a single response found answers elsewhere.
  9. web_surfer

Water pressure & PRV ?

In past posts on this forum I believe the general consensus is that a PRV is not needed if water pressure is under 80psi. A couple of months ago the new copper plumbing was completed - all type L. 1" from meter to water heater & 3/4" after that to various locations that then divide off into...
  10. web_surfer

DWV help me make it right! (CAD renderings included)

software ? In an earlier post you said used "AutoCad" program. Is this a program you have through work or is it something readily available for a reasonable cost? Great program - wish I would have had it when laid out my new plumbing & dwv work. Matt
  11. web_surfer

water flow indicator on main line

Thatguy, Sorry, but no "huge" check unless I win the lottery. Since I don't buy lottery tickets I am pretty sure I won't win.:mad: I was hoping to find something that would work & would cost no more than $300 or so. Pretty sure that is not "huge" enough. We are already way over budget...
  12. web_surfer

OK, found a module that would call me up to five times if it is activated (this would be in lieu of a shutoff). They only want $697 for it. The real difficulty seems to be finding a sensor that detects a rapid (sudden) increase in flow rate. Found some sensors that install inline that...
  13. web_surfer

closet lighting ?

Brightness is not too bad - the bulbs are covered with a white translucent cover that emits "soothing" general lighting that is not "overpowering" ("as the salesperson said" @ local lighting/electrical supplier) even for a small space. The wife likes the idea of having lighting to every shelf &...
  14. web_surfer

closet lighting ?

Have two small closets that it would be nice to have lighting in. One is a small linen closet about 18" wide x 18" deep & the other is a pantry in kitchen about 18" deep by 40" wide. Was planning on using two 40" T5 microflourescent enclosed fixtures mounted vertically on wall by doors of...
  15. web_surfer

Is there some type of water flow sensor that can be installed on the main line right after the water meter that would sense a sudden increase in water flow (such as a ruptured pipe, hose, etc.)? I know they make sensors for the existence of water after it has leaked out. However, it would...
  16. web_surfer

Air test vs water test

air test done Ok, did air test and pumped it up to 80 psi. Evidently there is a slow leak somewhere since lost 4psi in 13 minutes on the pressure test of the whole system. Then when did test on just section between meter shutoff and the ball valve inserted in new supply line after meter, lost...
  17. web_surfer

Air test vs water test

The plumber told me it would be easier to fix also if was an air test but, he did not tell me why. He said he would fix any leaks on the work he did (he is very confident there won't be any). Do not feel right asking him to fix leaks on the plumbing I did. So now I am curious as to the...
  18. web_surfer

Air test vs water test

Now that the plumber is gone & I have finished the laundry hookups we are ready for the city plumbing inspector to come through next week. When talked to him on the phone I told him that we (me & plumber) would do an air pressure test @ 80lb; however he said it really wasn't necessary, that...
  19. web_surfer

Copper or PEX

copper was my choice I agree with Gary. He has pretty much relayed my thoughts on PEX. I am not a scientist, nor a plumber, either. Recently finished a replumbing of the house we bought last summer. The entire house was replumbed from the meter on with type L copper. We also added a...
  20. web_surfer

water hammer arrestor location ?

Ok, the plumber is finished w/ the re-plumbing of the house except for the laundry area in the basement. He left this area for me to do since he had to leave for a large commercial job up North (which was known when hired him - so he didn't abandon me). He is coming back to look over what I do...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks